The World Bank’s International Finance Corporation is inviting applications for the TechEmerge Health East Africa 2020 to bring technologies to new markets and drive sustainable innovation in regions that need it the most.
They do this by matching best-in-class, proven, affordable technology solutions from around the world with local partners in emerging markets to conduct pilot projects and build commercIal partnerships.
Over 20 leading private healthcare providers in Kenya, Uganda, and Ethiopia have signed on to the program and are interested in working with health tech companies that can address their needs. Through a competitive selection process, with the support of a network of external technical advisors, shortlisted innovators meet with local organizations to demo their products and discuss potential pilot opportunities. With our support, selected innovators and local healthcare providers partner to test and validate technologies in the local setting.
Worth of Award
- Access to a robust network of East Africa health systems and potential users/buyers of technology
- Access to a pool of up to $1M in funding to support pilot projects in East Africa (competitive selection)
- Guidance from the TechEmerge team and global network of advisors to develop pilot implementation and market entry strategies
- Potential investment from IFC
- A proven product, installed with at least one health system
- The privately-owned company, typically with less than 50 employees and less than US$100M in venture capital funding (with some exceptions)
- Meets the needs of the East African Healthcare Providers
- Demonstrated managerial capacity and scalability
- Ability to allocate time and resources to participate in the Project, including attending periodic meetings, and implementation of field testing/pilot project in East Africa
How to Apply
Application is to be done online via the VC4A platform. See the link below
Deadline: The applications end on February 25, 2020