Google is inviting applications for the Google Hash Code 2020 Coding competition for students and professionals around the world.
Hash Code is a team programming competition, organized by Google. Contesting teams are to select a programming language and pick and solve an engineering problem presented to them by Google. This year’s contest kicks off with an Online Qualification Round, where teams can compete from anywhere, including from one of the Hash Code hubs. Top teams will then be invited to a Google office for the Final Round.
Google’s team-based programming competition, Hash Code, allows you to share your skills and connect with other coders as you work together to solve a problem modelled off a real Google engineering challenge! In small teams of two to four, coders all over the world will tackle the first problem through an Online Qualification Round. Though this round is hosted online, teams can come together to compete side-by-side in locally coordinated Hash Code hubs.
Worth of Award
- 1st Place: $4,000
- 2nd place: $2,000
- 3rd place: $1,000
- Goodies. Google may occasionally, and at its sole discretion, give away Google-branded objects, Google-related products, or other goodies (“Goodies”) to Final Round participants as part of their participation in the HC Contest.
- These Goodies are not prizes and must not be treated as prizes by participants. Recipients of Goodies are responsible for ensuring that they comply with any applicable tax laws and filing requirements (if any).
- Certificates. Members of Teams that submit a solution scoring at least one (1) point during either the Online Qualification Round or Final Round are eligible to receive a downloadable and printable certificate, accessible from their Contest Profile, available approximately within a month of each Round’s completion.
Each Contest is void in Crimea, Iran, North Korea, Quebec, Syria, and where prohibited by law.
You do not need to purchase any Google product or service to enter or win a Contest.
You cannot participate in a Contest and will be immediately disqualified and forfeit all of your prizes if you are or become:
- A resident of Quebec (Canada), Crimea, Iran, North Korea, Syria, or other US embargoed country;
- Otherwise prohibited by applicable export controls and sanctions programs;
- A current employee (including intern), contractor, officer, or director of Google or any of its affiliates.
- A resident anywhere that a Contest is prohibited by law;
- The minimum age is eighteen (18) years old or the age of majority in your country of residence.
How to Apply
- Access to the Internet, and
- A valid email address.
- If a Contest offers a prize and if requested by Google, you must provide your name, phone number, a valid mailing address, and any other information Google may need to award or send you a prize.
- This information must be provided to Google in English using ASCII characters only and will be used to award and send a prize to you. Use of non-ASCII characters may prevent or delay your receipt of an award or prize.