Bangchak Initiative and Innovative Centre ([email protected]) at Asian Institute of Technology (AIT) in Thailand invites applications for Bangchak Masters Scholarships for the August 2020/2021 academic year.
The Bangchak Initiative and Innovative Centre addresses fundamental and applied research challenges facing sustainable development goals worldwide and its objective is to inculcate entrepreneurship and innovation enterprises. The research program concentrates on sustainable and green technology. The Centre is generously funded to collaborate closely with top industries and universities domestically and internationally.
Responsibilities and tasks
The role of the researcher is mainly, but not exclusively, to carry out innovative research in the field of sustainable development which will lead to a commercial prototype, product or process. They will act as a bridge between both industry needs and academic research objectives in order to bring about highly structured and well-defined solutions to industrial problems. [email protected] researchers will be expected to have both academic and industry experience, together with a sound understanding of the wider energy landscape beyond their area of expertise. All researchers will be expected to initiate and contribute to the writing of proposals and other external funding streams.
Worth of Award
- All research assistant scholarships are fully-funded (covering the stipend and tuition fees) and open to students from any nationality (preferably Thai nationals).
- English is the official language of communication at AIT.
- They offer an interesting and challenging international environment focusing on education, research, scientific advice and innovation, which contribute to enhancing the economy and improving social welfare.
- They strive for academic excellence, collegial respect and freedom tempered by responsibility.
- The bursary is consistent with the norm for master students. The period of student assistantship is 24 months.
The masters scholarship are tenable in the following courses:
- Food Engineering and Bioprocess Technology (FEBT)
- Environmental Engineering programs (EEM).
- Any nationality is welcome to apply (Preference to Thai Nationals)
- First-class (honours) bachelor’s or GPA 3.0 from reputed Universities
- English Proficiency: IELTS or AIT EET score above 5.0
- The role of the researcher is to carry out innovative research that will lead to commercial prototype, product or process.
- Capable of working within a project team to achieve innovative results.
- Exceptional communication, organisation, and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to present results in technical reports, and prepare scientific papers for publication in international refereed journals.
- Experience in incubation/founding start-up companies is an added advantage.
- Experience in the following fields will be a plus; Artificial Intelligence, IoT, Big Data Analytics, Blockchain, Energy technology, Clean Technology, Smart Cities etc.
Specific Requirements for Energy Area
- Exceptional coding ability in programming tools such as Matlab, Python etc. and experience in design and modelling tools or other electrical power system analysis and power electronics simulation tools
- Hardware Experience/Knowledge on Converters, prototype development.
Specific Requirements for FEBT Area
- Having Bachelor degree in Biotechnology, Biochemical Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Food Scienece and Technology and/or similar relevant subjects
Specific Requirements for EEM Area
- Having bachelor degree in biochemical or chemical engineering, civil engineering, environmental engineering, public health science or related applied sciences.
- Capable of programming and experience in design and modelling of wastewater treatment systems.
- Experience/Knowledge on controls of bioreactor.
How to Apply
For Admission in August 2020 batch of Bangchak Masters Scholarships , please fill the online application which is given in the following link . Along with this application, applicant should send the following documents all in one combined PDF file to the following email ([email protected]) on or before 31st March 2020. The successful applicant can start immediately in August 2020 semester.
- Covering letter
- Project proposal which may lead to commercial products (2 pages maximum)
- Information about education, exams and previous relevant work/research experience (a CV).
- Certified copies of academic diplomas and certificates.
- Publications relevant to the research scope and any other work which the applicant wishes to be taken into account and should clearly state the applicant’s contribution.
- Names and contact information of at least two references
ContactFor further information about the application process, please contact: