Lund University in Sweden is inviting applications for a Doctoral Position in Economics from the Department of Economics in 2020.
These positions are for a PhD degree, which implies that the total time of employment may not exceed four years of full-time study at the postgraduate level. The exact number of positions that are available has not yet been decided. During recent years the Department has financed five to seven new PhD students each year.
The holders of these positions have a primary obligation to successfully fulfil their postgraduate (third cycle) education ending with a doctoral degree (PhD). A position as doctoral student can contain some limited teaching or other departmental work at the Department of Economics. The maximum amount of such work is 20%.
Worth of Award
- Fixed-term employment, maximum of four years (fulltime studies).
- Only those admitted to third-cycle courses and study programmes at a higher education may be appointed to the doctoral student.
- An applicant has basic eligibility for third-cycle studies if he or she has been awarded a second-cycle degree; has completed course requirements of at least 240 higher education credits, including at least 60 credits at second-cycle level; or has acquired the equivalent knowledge in some other way, either in Sweden or abroad
- An applicant is eligible to be admitted to the third cycle degree programme in Economics if he or she fulfils the basic eligibility requirements, and has documented qualifications worth at least 90 credits in Economics and independent projects (degree projects) worth at least 15 credits in Economics.
Basis of Assessment
- Selection among the applicants will be based on the applicant’s ability to benefit from the programme.
- Evaluation of an applicant’s ability to benefit from the programme is based primarily on previously demonstrated skills in studies, standardised tests, and other relevant skills.
- Particular attention is paid to thesis work in Economics and to course work within the methodological core of Economics.
- The number of second cycle credits achieved is not used as a criterion.
- Ability to cooperate with others is merit.
- In cases where all other criteria for admission to the programme are equal, applicants of underrepresented gender and of underrepresented ethnic background will be given precedence.
How to Apply
Deadline: Application closes on January 31, 2020.