The School of Social Sciences at the University of Manchester offers the Research Impact Scholarships starting in September 2020.
This scholarship is available to students doing research in the following areas:
- Energy and sustainability
- Graphene and Enterprise
- Global Inequalities
- Healthy Futures
If there’s a global problem that concerns you, there’s a good chance they’re already trying to solve it. Whether it’s fighting cancer, tackling poverty or finding more sustainable sources of energy to fuel our future, they’re committed to addressing some of society’s most pressing issues.
Funding from tuition fees, government and research bodies goes a long way, but at a world-renowned university like Manchester, they rely on donations to keep them at the forefront of pioneering research that benefits society.
Worth of Award
- £19,500 per annum for three years to cover tuition fees and a maintenance allowance.
- Additional funding of up to £1,500 per year is available to support placement, overseas institutional visit, research training and conference attendance at the discretion of the Faculty Postgraduate Research Chair.
This funding is available to students undertaking study in:
- Social Anthropology
- Social Statistics
- Applicants are expected to have a First Class or Upper Second Class Bachelor Honours UK degree and/or a Master’s degree (or overseas equivalent) minimum merit, with a minimum overall average of 65%, including 65% in dissertation and no mark below 55%) in a social science subject.
- This funding is available to all nationalities.
- Applicants must hold an offer of study at The University of Manchester before applying for this funding.
- Applicants may be of any nationality or residency status.
- Students who have already started their PhD are not eligible.
- Priority is given to candidates with proposed/planned placement or overseas institutional visit.
How to Apply
- Applicants must FIRST submit a COMPLETE programme application on-line (to include; research proposal, two academic references, degree certificates/transcripts and CV).
- Only applicants who have been offered a place on the programme will be considered for the Award.
- In addition to the Funding Application applicants must also supply a supporting statement from their prospective supervisor of no less than 100 words.
Deadline: Applicants must have submitted a complete programme application by March 29, 2020, in order to be considered (deadline to be confirmed)
Click here for more details and to apply