The International Council of Opthalmology and Eye Cancer Foundation are offering the ICO-ECF Six-Month Fellowships for Diagnosis and Therapy of Retinoblastoma in South Africa.
The International Council of Ophthalmology (ICO) and Eye Cancer Foundation (ECF) six-month training opportunity is available for young ophthalmologists from developing countries who wish to gain a deeper insight into Retinoblastoma diagnosis and treatment. The ICO-ECF Six Months Fellowship will be served at teaching institutions in Mexico, China, Jordan, India, and Iran. Fellows are expected to bring the acquired knowledge and skills back to their home country and take part in programs to preserve and restore vision.
Worth of Award
- Award: US$6000 to help cover living expenses and return travel. The exact amount is subject to actual student-style living expenses in the host country.
- Approximately 4-6 three-month fellowships are awarded each year.
- Applications are flexible. For more information, reach out to [email protected]
- Residency training must be completed before applying for the fellowship.
- Specialist exam in ophthalmology must be successfully passed.
- Applicant must be under 40 years of age at the time of applying.
- Applicant must return to home country after the training, resume previous positions, and apply the knowledge gained during the fellowship.
- Applicant must be reasonably fluent in the language of the fellowship training centre.
- The ICO recommends that candidates pass one or more ICO exams. We consider this in the assessment of applications.
- Applicants from countries with ophthalmologic societies that are Members of the ICO will receive special consideration.
How to Apply
- Applicants cannot reapply if their previous application was rejected.
- View the online application.
- Questions? Please review Frequently Asked Questions before contacting the ICO Fellowship Committee at: [email protected]
Deadline: The application deadline is flexible.