Marquette University in the USA invites applications for the Global Scholar award for Undergraduate Students in the 2021/22 academic session.
The Global Scholar award recognizes the importance of diverse world views and international perspectives within the Marquette University community. This competitive award offers full-tuition based on a student’s high academic achievement, demonstrated interest in global perspectives and the student’s potential for providing significant global contributions to the Marquette community.
The scholarship is renewable each year of the recipient’s four-year (eight-semester) undergraduate program, provided that the student remains in good academic standing. Global Scholars are expected to initiate and contribute to global engagement activities within the campus and Milwaukee communities each year of the award.
Worth of Award
- Full tuition
- It is awarded annually to up to three talented freshmen international students who will first enroll in the fall semester.
- High school senior who will enter Marquette as a freshman (first-year)
- Minimum 3.25 GPA (on an unweighted 4.0 scale) in all college-preparatory courses
- Demonstrated leadership in curricular and extracurricular activities
- An international student who will enroll with non-immigrant F-1 visa status
- Students in all academic fields will be considered.
How to Apply
- Apply for admission into Marquette ( You must submit all application materials for admission to Marquette University before the March 1 Global Scholar deadline).
- Required materials
- Global Scholar application
- Essay: Marquette’s motto is Be the Difference. Describe how you have been the difference in your community. As a Global Scholar, how will you build on these experiences to be the difference at Marquette and in the world? (300-500 words)
- One letter of recommendation: We suggest that the recommendation letter explains your experience with an interest in global issues
- School activities list or resume
- Submit your application and all materials/attachments together using the online application form
Final candidates may be asked to participate in a video or phone interview.
Deadline: The deadline for the receipt of applications is March 1, 2021.