Applications are now being accepted for the 2015-2016 Singapore International Graduate Award (SINGA) open to international graduate students who wish to study at the collaborating institutions in Singapore. The Singapore International Graduate Award (SINGA) is a collaboration between the Agency for Science, Technology & Research (A*STAR), the Nanyang Technological University (NTU) and the National University of Singapore (NUS). PhD training will be carried out in English at your chosen lab at A*STAR Research Institutes, NTU or NUS. Students will be supervised by distinguished and world-renowned researchers in these labs. Upon successful completion, students will be conferred a PhD degree by either NTU or NUS.
The Institutions Involved
National University of Singapore (NUS) is ranked as being among both the world’s and Asia’s best universities. Top flight researchers who are committed to developing young talent, make for a rewarding PhD experience at NUS.
Nanyang Technological University (NTU) is a research-intensive university with globally acknowledged strengths in science and engineering. NTU provides a high quality global education to more than 19,100 undergraduates and 8,600 graduate students. The student body includes top scholars and international olympiad medallists from the region and beyond. NTU’s 2,500-strong teaching and research staff hail from more than 40 countries, bringing dynamic international perspectives and years of solid industry experience.
Agency for Science, Technology & Research (A*STAR) is Singapore’s leading research agency that complements research and PhD education through its state-of-the-art facilities and renowned scientists located at integrated research campuses – Biopolis and Fusionopolis – for Biomedical Sciences and Physical Sciences & Engineering research respectively.
Worth of Awards
- Attractive monthly stipend over 4 years of PhD studies, which can support you comfortably. The stipend amount is SGD 24,000 annually, to be increased to SGD 30,000 after passing Qualifying Examination.
- Full support for tuition fees for 4 years of PhD studies.
- One-time SGD 1,000 Settling-in Allowance
- One-time Airfare Grant of SGD 1,500
- Open to all international students
- Graduates with a passion for research and excellent academic results
- Good skills in written and spoken English
- Good reports from academic referees
How to Apply
- You can submit your application via their online portal by uploading the following supporting documents as part of the application:
- Identity card or Passport
- A recent passport-sized photo in JPEG/PNG format
- University Academic Transcripts (in English translation)
- Degree Scrolls (in English translation) or a letter of certification from the university on your candidature if your degree scroll has not yet been conferred
Not compulsory but good to include (if available):
- GRE / IELTS /TOEFL / SAT I & II / GATE results
Please check and ensure that all data you have entered in the online application form is correct and accurate before you submit the application. Amendments to the application will not be possible after it is submitted.
Deadline: application deadline for August 2015 intake is January 1, 2015
We strongly advise you to read the Frequently Asked Questions (click to read)