Applications are now being accepted for the 2020 Singapore International Graduate Award (SINGA) open to international graduate students who wish to study at the collaborating institutions in Singapore.
The Singapore International Graduate Award (SINGA) in collaboration between the Agency for Science, Technology & Research (A*STAR), the Nanyang Technological University (NTU) and the National University of Singapore (NUS).
Ph.D. training will be carried out in English at your chosen lab at A*STAR Research Institutes, NTU or NUS. Students will be supervised by distinguished and world-renowned researchers in these labs. Upon successful completion, students will be conferred a Ph.D. degree by either NTU or NUS.
Worth of Awards
The award provides support for up to 4 years of Ph.D. studies including:
- Tuition fees
- Monthly stipend of S$2,000, which will be increased to S$2,500 after the passing of the Qualifying Examination
- One-time airfare grant of up to S$1,500*
- One-time settling-in allowance of S$1,000*
- Open for application to all international graduates with a passion for research and excellent academic results
- Good skills in written and spoken English
- Good reports from academic referees
- The above eligibility criteria are not exhaustive.
- A*STAR may include additional selection criteria based on prevailing scholarship policies. These policies may be amended from time to time without notice.
How to Apply
You can submit your application via their online portal by uploading the following supporting documents as part of the application:
- Browse Ph.D. Research Projects
- Go to Research Areas to browse the projects you are interested in.
- Documents Required;
- Do prepare the following documents in advance before applying.
- Do NOT mail any hard copy documents to SINGA Office. All necessary documents are to be submitted online.
- Identification card or Passport
- A recent passport-sized photo (in .jpeg or .png format)
- Transcripts & Reports; All transcripts need to be in English translation
- Bachelor’s and/or Master’s academic transcripts.
- Bachelor’s Degree certificate(s) / scroll(s) or a letter of certification from the university on your candidature if your degree certificate/scroll has not yet been conferred.
- Recommendation reports (to be completed and submitted online by the referees).
- GRE / IELTS / TOEFL / SAT I & II / GATE results. However, do note that you may be requested by the university to submit satisfactory scores as part of the university admission requirement.
- Please check and ensure that all data you have entered in the online application form is correct and accurate before you submit the application. Amendments to the application will not be possible after it is submitted.
Deadline: Application deadline for January 2020 intake: June 1, 2019 (2359hrs GMT +8 Singapore time)