The European Commission offers Erasmus Mundus scholarships for the European Master in Transnational Migrations (MITRA) in 2023.
MITRA is a bilingual and interdisciplinary Master’s programme in humanities, taught in both French and English. It addresses international migration and how it impacts contemporary societies.
MITRA offers in-depth training to students aiming to specialise in migration studies and go on to doctoral degrees, public policy analysts working on migration and integration (including experts from international and local organisations), and intercultural mediators running community projects.
MITRA prepares students for both further research and a professional career. This taught programme allows them to work on both European and non-European case studies, combining theoretical analysis with field surveys.
Depending on the students’ major, the consortium jointly awards two or three Master’s degrees on completion.
Worth of Award
- This scholarship will cover tuition fees, daily and transport expenses for the two years of study.
- Erasmus Mundus scholarship students are exempt from the registration fees
- This Erasmus Mundus scholarship is usually accompanied by health and liability insurance covered by the programme.
- The amounts received will be fixed throughout the duration of the master (4 semesters).
The selection committee will study the following elements :
- CV + quality of the previous courses/career (previous transcripts will be needed)
- Motivation letter
- Reference letters: with at least two reference letters written by professors, managers, etc. (from internship, association, work)
- Diplomas (A-Levels or equivalent, bachelor, master, PhD)
- Research project : inadequacy with the MITRA theme/actuality and completed by bibliographic references (to show the argumentation, the use of the concepts, methodology, and the scientific culture of the project).
- English level attestation (B2 to C2)
- French level attestation (B2 to C2)
How to Apply
When applying for MITRA, candidates are invited to apply for an Erasmus Mundus scholarship from the European Commission (limited number of scholarships). This application could not be accepted for a student who has already used a similar scholarship.
The recruitment takes place in two stages:
- Completed applications submitted through the online platform are selected.
- Skype interviews are conducted with pre-selected applicants.
Deadline: Applications are open until January 30, 2023 (23:59, Paris time).