Henley Business School at the University of Reading invites applications for the Management (Marketing/Reputation) PhD Scholarships in 2020.
Henley Business School holds triple-accreditation status and enjoys a reputation for high-quality academic and applied research. It is part of the University of Reading, consistently rated among the UK’s most research-intensive institutions.
Henley provides a unique opportunity to undertake original research in Marketing & Reputation that will make a contribution to theory and impact upon practice. As an important member of the academic community, you will develop your critical thinking, intellectual capacity and creativity, and work with your academic supervisors to engage with industry and publish your ideas.
Worth of Award
- They offer up to 4 PhD scholarships a year covering fees and stipend of £15,000 p/a for a maximum of 3 years, which will be awarded on the basis of outstanding academic merit.
- These scholarships cover full fees and provide a stipend for 1 year, and are renewable for a further 2 years subject to performance.
They consider a wide range of candidates with a variety of qualifications, and are proud of our diverse and extraordinary PhD cohort; for this reason, they welcome applicants from both academic and professional backgrounds.
Whilst they review all applications individually and on their own merits, the key criteria required for each successful candidate are:
- Masters degree in a relevant subject area (minimum grade recommended is Merit or equivalent; a Distinction is preferred); equivalent experience will also be considered
- Top grade in your Masters Dissertation (or equivalent research-based piece of work) as an indication of your research attitude and skills
- A well developed Research Proposal aligned with the M&R Research Agenda, with a reasonable intended timeline to completion
- English requirements: applicants whose first language is not English are expected to have obtained either;
- IELTS with an overall score of 7.0 (with no element below 6.0) or equivalent
- a qualification of higher education (BSc/MSc, etc.) from a qualifying UK-based Higher Education institution within the last 2 years
- Two academic references (professional references will be considered where academic references are unavailable)
- Full funding in place for the 3-year programme, either through self/external funding or upon successful award of a Henley Studentship
- their scholarships are incredibly competitive and as such they normally ask students to have achieved (or be expected to achieve) a Distinction at Masters level or equivalent, including a distinction in a dissertation or thesis. Relevant experience will also be considered.
How to Apply
- In order to apply for the Marketing & Reputation PhD Scholarship, you will first need to make a formal application to our programme, clearly stating in the ‘Funding’ section of your application that you would like to be considered for one of our scholarships.
- It is also important that you discuss your application for a Henley Studentship with your potential supervisors when invited to interview.
- Further information on the scholarship application process will be provided, should you be selected to join the PhD programme.
- Your application will also need to be supported by a member of their Faculty, who will agree to act as supervisor for your research – for this reason, it is important that your research proposal and topic align with their department’s wider research agenda.
- Please note that due to supervisor capacity entry onto our programme is extremely competitive; as such, it is recommended that applications are made as early as possible.
Deadline: Deadline for submission of applications for candidates also applying for a Henley Studentship is March 31, 2020