The Newcastle University in the UK is inviting applications for the PhD Studentship in Pure Mathematics for International Students in 2020.
The School of Mathematics, Statistics, and Physics anticipate that a fully-funded PhD studentship in pure mathematics will be allocated in an open competition for a new, high-calibre PhD student commencing their studies in September 2020. The School is committed to promoting diversity, and they particularly encourage applications from under-represented groups.
Worth of Award
- The Studentship covers 100% of UK/EU tuition fees paid and
- Annual living expenses of £15,009 International fees will be considered where possible.
The following are the eligibility criteria:
- You must have/expect a 2:1 honors degree in computing science, mathematics, physics, statistics or another strongly quantitative discipline, or an international equivalent.
- This award is available to UK/EU and international candidates.
- If English is not your first language, you must have IELTS 6.5 overall (with a minimum of 5.5 in all sub-skills).
How to Apply
You must apply through the University’s online postgraduate application system. You will need to:
- Click on programme of study
- insert 8080F in the programme code section and click search
- select Programme name ‘PhD Mathematics (full time) – Pure Mathematics’
- insert MSP021 in the studentship/partnership reference field
- attach a covering letter and CV. The covering letter must clearly state the project you wish to apply for, quote reference code MSP021 and state how your interests and experience relate to the project
- attach degree transcripts and certificates and, if English is not your first language, a copy of your English language qualifications.
Deadline: Application closes for PhD Studentship in Pure Mathematics February 7, 2020