The University of Pretoria in South Africa is inviting applications for the NERSA Postgraduate Funding for South Africans in 2020.
The University of Pretoria (UP) was established in 1908 with just four professors and 32 students, in a little house called Kya Rosa. Today, it is one of the largest research universities in South Africa. UP has transformed into a dynamic university community of staff and students who come from a range of diverse backgrounds and cultures showcasing South African and global societies.
The University was born from a vision to create a space for quality education and for new ideas to flourish. Over the course of its existence, and through different phases of political power and social change, UP has been resilient in its commitment to academic quality.
Worth of Award
- NERSA is offering bursaries to students who wish to study towards a Masters and Mid-PHD Degree.
- The bursary will cover registration, tuition, and prescribed books.
Below are the minimum criteria to apply for the bursary. The applicant must:
- Be a South African citizen with a valid identity document;
- Be admitted to and be in possession of an admission letter from a South African University or the University of Technology that is established or registered in terms of the laws of the Republic of South Africa for a Masters and Mid-PHD Degree;
- Be a previously disadvantaged South African;
- Have an excellent academic record and demonstrate the potential for academic success;
- Not be a holder of any other bursary scheme;
- Have proven financial need.
How to Apply
Submit clear copies of the following supporting documentation:
- Motivation letter;
- ID (certified copy);
- University acceptance letter for a Masters and Mid-PHD Degree;
- Full academic record from a tertiary institution (certified copy);
- Dissertation topic and an abstract; and
- Proof of income (parents/household).
- The submission of these documents is compulsory – if any of them has not been
provided, the application will be disregarded.
Deadline: Application closes on January 10, 2020.