Texas Tech University in the USA is inviting applications for the Freshman Presidential Scholarship for International Students in 2023.
Texas Tech University is a comprehensive university that offers many scholarships to help you finance your education. Many students compete for scholarships, which are awarded on merit and on a first-come, first-served basis to students enrolling in the fall term. They recommend you apply to TTU as early as possible. Named a top value by Kiplinger in recent years, TTU offers a quality education at a fair price. Tuition and housing increases are well below others in public higher education.
Texas Tech rewards exceptional students with merit-based scholarships and provides need-based financial assistance to qualified families. Athletic, band, choral, fine arts and departmental awards are available through individual departments. TTU also helps parents and students find elusive federal and state grants to take the pressure off of a family’s pocketbook. In addition, students are encouraged to use their search tools to help them find additional external scholarships.
Worth of Award
- Presidential Scholarships are awarded to entering first-time freshmen who show exceptional academic ability through superior test scores and class ranking.
- Annual award amounts pay one-half toward fall and one-half toward spring terms.
- If you are a non-resident awarded a Presidential Scholarship, you will also qualify to pay in-state tuition.
- All merit awards are guaranteed for students admitted by April 15th; admission after this date is limited only by the availability of these scholarships.
- Students that reach finalist standing will be notified in February by the National Merit Corporation. Qualifying students that designate Texas Tech University as their first choice institution are eligible to receive 100% of federally approved cost of attendance including tuition, fees, room, board, books, transportation and a personal/miscellaneous allowance.
To be eligible, you must meet the following requirements throughout your TTU academic career:
- Maintain a cumulative Grade Point Average (GPA) as outlined on the “Terms and Conditions” tab of MyTech (see below).
- Maintain full-time enrollment in a Texas Tech University academic program and accumulate at least 30 TTU hours per year (checked in May).
- Keep addresses, including email address, current on MyTech.
- Write a thank you letter to the scholarship donor when and as directed by the Texas Tech University Scholarship Office.
- Attend required donor events.
How to Apply
- Applications are online
- If a student is eligible to receive one Presidential Scholarship from the TTU Presidential Scholarship Programme, the Presidential offer replaces any other Presidential scholarship offers.
- Presidential Merit Scholarships apply only to Texas Tech University Programmes of study.
- Texas Tech University scholarships do not transfer to Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center (TTUHSC), Texas Tech Costa Rica, or Angelo State University.
- The opportunity to be considered for TTUHSC scholarships will be available when you apply for admission to a TTUHSC Programme of study.
Deadline: Applications are ongoing