The Young Africa Entrepreneurs (YES) in Kenya invites pre-applications for the Cohort 3 programme to hold from July to December 2020.
The Africa Young Entrepreneur Support (YES) Program is a 6-month funded intensive entrepreneurship, leadership and business training that provides early-stage social entrepreneurs of under the age of 30 years, with the resources they need to discover opportunities, unlock their potential and create impact in their local communities.
The program seeks to identify, inspire and empower 25 young social entrepreneurs to recognize opportunities, explore innovative approaches, mobilize resources, manage risks, and build viable social enterprises. The program will also invest a minimum total of $15000 in grant funding to top fellows during the program.
Worth of Award
- At the end of the 6-months program, 3 fellows will be selected to immediately receive up to 15,000 USD in grants, which is zero-equity funding. You will also be connected to other funding opportunities available.
- As part of the program, you will connect deeper with other social entrepreneurs, mentors and other entrepreneurship ecosystem players, including exclusive opportunities and workshops
- Participants for the program will receive a 3-month membership that will give them full access to work from a co-working space so as to grow their ventures. Teams can enjoy this during the program
- Entrepreneurs will have access to startup services such as accounting, legal, sales, talent at a subsidized rate as being part of the program. Teams to also receive follow up investment.
The Africa Young Entrepreneur Support (YES) Program is looking for self-starters, leaders, change-makers who are building viable businesses and creating an impact in their local communities and beyond. Applicants must meet the following criteria:
- The venture must be solving a clear problem in the community
- There must be a viable and tested solution already in place (not just an idea)
- The social venture should have a viable business model
- The venture should have at least some paying customers or making revenue in the past 6 months.
- There should be ambition by the founder of the venture to grow to achieve large scale impact
- The applicant can commit to attend weekly sessions (every Saturday) in Nairobi from January 17th, 2020 to June 2020
- The applicant can commit to do weekly tasks in relation to their venture
- The applicant must be working either full time or at least 30 hrs per week in their venture
- The applicant must be below 30 years of age when applying
- The venture is legally registered in Kenya or in the process of registration
How to Apply
You can pre-apply for this opportunity through their website.
Deadline: Applications are ongoing.