LHoFT Foundation invites applications for the 2020 CATAPULT: Inclusion Africa Program of Fintech startup development in Luxembourg
At the LHoFT, they strongly believe that financial technology is crucial to advancing financial inclusion, empowering groups that have been left behind by the traditional financial system. Whether it’s financing for rural farmers, point of sale technology for underbanked merchants, or specialised insurance products, the positive impact being driven by entrepreneurship is improving lives around the world. As such, Financial Inclusion is a key focus of the LHoFT Foundation.
Developed by the LHoFT Foundation, the program targets companies focusing on financial inclusion in Africa, aiming to build bridges between Africa and Europe, highlighting their initiatives and very much aligned with the sustainability goals of Luxembourg’s finance centre.
CATAPULT: Inclusion Africa will once again leverage Luxembourg’s Inclusive Finance and Fintech ecosystem to support 12 highly selected firms in developing their businesses and achieving their inclusion goals.
Worth of Award
- 1 week training and networking Bootcamp, hosted in Luxembourg on the 1st – 8th of March 2020, for 12 Fintech firms working to improve financial inclusion in Africa.
- Travel and accommodation costs will be covered for participating Fintechs.
- The Bootcamp will leverage Luxembourg’s Inclusive Finance and Fintech ecosystem to support the 12 selected firms in developing their businesses and achieving their inclusion goals.
- The firms selected to participate in the programme will be operational, likely in the seed to Series A stage.
- However, each application will be assessed individually for promise and with consultation with their sponsors.
- They expect the majority of the selected firms to be based in Africa, but firms targeting Africa from other geographies, particularly from the EU, may also apply.
How to Apply
You can apply for this programme online through their website
Deadline: Applications close on December 30, 2019.