The Royal Melbourne Institute of Technology is inviting applications for the PhD Scholarship in IMCRC Design Robotics for the 2020/2021 academic session.
A PhD scholarship is available for a candidate to undertake research in the design and fabrication of mass-customized metal facades, with a focus on robotic fabrication and direct deposition metal processes, as part of the IMCRC Design Robotics project.
This research will be undertaken as part of a larger collaborative research project, IMCRC Design Robotics, that will involve three primary areas of expertise: computational design, robotic fabrication, and machine vision. This larger project is in collaboration with the Queensland University of Technology (QUT) and an industry partner UAP Company.
This research will explore the relationship between robotic fabrication techniques and mass-customized or non-standard geometries for the development and fabrication of metal facades.
Worth of Award
Up to $30,000 per annum for 3 years, with a possible six-month extension.
To be eligible for this scholarship you must:
- Hold a Master of Architecture or equivalent (such as an accredited B.Arch Hons)
- Provide evidence of good oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrate the ability to work as part of a multi-disciplinary research team
- Meet RMIT University’s entry requirements for the Higher Degree by Research programs.
How to Apply
To apply, please submit the following documents to Associate Professor Roland Snooks:
- Curriculum vitae
- Academic transcripts
- Three references
- Design portfolio
- Prospective candidates will be required to submit an application for admission to the Doctor of Philosophy (Architecture & Design)
- Short-listed applicants will be invited to attend an interview with RMIT University.
- Scholarship applications will only be successful if prospective candidates are provided with an offer for admission.
Deadline: Applications will close once the candidate is appointed.