Acumen impact investment in the USA invites applications for the Acumen and Ikea Social Entrepreneurship East Africa Accelerator Programme in the USA in 2021.
In partnership with IKEA Social Entrepreneurship, an accelerator programme designed to support social entrepreneurs to develop a scalable business model has been packaged. This 19-week program will strengthen the capacity of social enterprises in East Africa to scale and improve the lives of the poor and vulnerable.
It would interest you to know that IKEA Social Entrepreneurship is an initiative within IKEA that’s all about making a positive impact. For this reason that it works with pioneers and pathfinders who use their business as a way to make everyday life better for those who need it most. Similarly, it also strives towards a more equal and inclusive society.
Worth of Award
To this effect, the Acumen and Ikea Social Entrepreneurship award covers
- Practical online tutorials
- Dynamic peer community of social entrepreneurs
- Individualized coaching from IKEA advisors and Acumen facilitators
- Final summit to network with investors and supporters
- 6 Peer Learning Labs
- At least 6 sessions with an IKEA advisor
The award equally covers
- Video tutorials
- Case studies from East African social enterprises
- Travel to and accommodations for a Final Summit in East Africa
- Certificate from Acumen
- Eligibility to compete for $25k per startup in seed funding
Given the fact that this is an intensive program, it is delivered primarily online for social entrepreneurs in East Africa who:
- Run a social enterprise (nonprofit or for-profit) based in Kenya, Uganda, Rwanda, or Ethiopia
- Have demonstrated market traction and are post-revenue
- Have a team equivalent to 3 full-time staff
- Focus on promoting livelihoods, equality, and inclusion
How to Apply
All applications are to be made online via the official website.
Deadline: The application closes on June 8th, 2021.