The Margaret Mcnamara Memorial Fund (MMMF) invites female students from developing countries who are currently studying in South Africa at the University of Pretoria, the University of Cape Town, the University of Stellenbosch and the University of Witwatersrand to apply for the MMMF awards grants of approximately US$4,000 each for the academic year 20014.
A woman is eligible to apply for an MMMF grant if she meets all the following criteria:
- Has a record of service to women and a commitment to improve the lives of women and/or children in her country or other developing country.
- Is enrolled at the University of Pretoria, the University of Cape Town, the University of Stellenbosch or the University of Witwatersrand when applying and remains enrolled during the entire year covered by the grant.
- Resides in South Africa at the time she submits the application and during the course of the academic year in which the grant applies (except for dissertation research elsewhere, to be so indicated on application).
- Will use the grant toward completion of her degree.
- Will be able to use the grant money which is to be paid into her student’s account at the enrolled university.
- Is a national of a lower or middle income developing member country, as designated by the MMMF (Country Eligibility List).
- Intends to return to her country or another developing country within about two years of completing use of the MMMF grant and perform at least two years of service.
- Demonstrates financial need and satisfactory academic performance.
- Is at least 25 years old by the application deadline.
- Is not related to any World Bank Group staff member or his/her spouse.
There are no exceptions to the MMMF educational grant criteria listed above.
How to Apply
A COMPLETE application package consists of the following (NO exceptions):
- One (1) Online Application Form
- Two (2) Recommendation Forms
- Five (5) Additional documents as listed below to be uploaded when filling the Online Application Form
Scan (PDF-format preferred) and upload in the Online Application Form.
- Your most recent transcript/academic report (available from the Registrar’s Office of your University) or progess report available from your program supervisor or professor.
- Your University Registration for 2013.
- One (1) passport-size photograph (jpeg, tiff or png – minimum 300 ppi resolution).
- Picture page of your passport (for all foreign students) or national identification document with photograph for South African students.
- Your study permit for South Africa (not applicable for South African students)
- ALL the above documents (A-C) must be uploaded together. The MMMF will only accept electronic submissions.
- Please make sure to submit ALL documents as listed. Only complete applications will be accepted.
Deadline: All application materials must be submitted by August 14, 2013.
Click here for details and to apply online.