Venture Capital for Africa(VC4A) is inviting applications for the Making More Health Co-creation Accelerator Programme in Germany 2021.
The MMH Co-creation Accelerator, currently in its third year, is a structured, 11-month business growth Programme for social entrepreneurs who are increasing access to human and animal health care in Africa.
These social entrepreneurs are seeking to scale the impact of proven business models with support from – and with opportunities to co-create and pilot relevant growth strategies with- experienced business executives at Boehringer Ingelheim. Successful pilots are given the chance at the end of the program to present their results to Boehringer Ingelheim’s leadership and a wider community of impact investors in order to raise growth capital to execute at scale.
Worth of Award
- Knowledge Access: The program offers participants multiple opportunities for professional growth and development on their entrepreneurial journey.
- Strategic networks: As an accelerator participant, you become part of an ever-growing and closely-knit community of ecosystem actors including impact investors, foundations, philanthropists, government agencies, corporate executives, social entrepreneurs, experts, and multinational healthcare companies all committed to improving health care access for humans and animals across Africa.
- Investment access support: The Programme provides each participant with a grant of Euros 50k for pilot implementation, with the possibility of additional scale-up funds at the end of a successful pilot.
- Business Collaboration: Where there is a timely and strategic fit between Boehringer Ingelheim and an accelerator participant, there is the potential for a strategic business collaboration to be formed with the promise of significant long-term benefits for both organizations.
The following are the eligibility criteria;
- Legal Entity: Business or Social Enterprise
- Age: At least three years of operation
- Sector: Animal or human healthcare access
- Country of operation: Ghana, Nigeria or Kenya
- Annual Revenue: At least USD 100K in annual sales
- Impact: Evidence of social impact along clearly defined impact metrics
- Team: At least eight team members including founders and management team
- Growth stage: Early growth stage, proven model, seeking growth capital.
How to Apply
Applications are online. Visit the website and apply.
Deadline: Application closes on February 7, 2021.