Yale University in the USA invites applications from high school students for the Yale Young Global Scholars Programme in 2022.
Yale Young Global Scholars is an unparalleled academic and leadership program at Yale University, founded on the tenets of liberal arts, renowned for its diverse and inclusive community, and committed to increasing education access.
With no grades or course credit, YYGS encourages students to approach all aspects of the program creatively with the understanding that they set their own limits. Students receive an electronic certificate of completion at the end of the session.
The diverse and inclusive community at YYGS enhances learning by inviting students to analyze issues from multiple perspectives. Living and learning alongside peers from around the world allows students to broaden their own world views by learning about countries and cultures they have never encountered before.
Living in Yale’s residential college gives students a taste of life at Yale University. Participants explore Yale’s campus and the surrounding area during their downtime.
Worth of Award
- Thanks to generous donors, YYGS is able to offer a limited number of Scholarships, which are Need-Based Financial Aid packages that cover full-tuition ($3,500 USD).
- Be at least 16 years old by July 19, 2022 (first day of Session)
- Be able to participate in a rigorous academic curriculum conducted in English.
- Be a current high school sophomore or junior (or international equivalent).
- Be graduating in May/June 2023 or 2024 from the Northern Hemisphere, or in Nov./Dec. 2022 or 2023 from the Southern Hemisphere.
- Be a first-time participant in YYGS. If you have participated in any YYGS session during a previous summer (e.g., 2020, 2019), then you are not eligible to participate during YYGS 2022.
- *Please Note: This rule is so that YYGS is in compliance with Connecticut State Law for running a summer program for minors, and no exceptions can be made.
- YYGS accepts applications from ALL countries, and offers the opportunity for students to apply for need-based financial aid to students from ALL countries.
How to Apply
- Review the YYGS eligibility criteria.
- Review the YYGS application required components.
- Review a PDF of a sample blank application, and start preparing to answer as many application questions as possible.
- You will need to submit contact information for a parent/guardian, teacher, and/or official at your school. Reach out to them as soon as possible to review the PDF of a sample blank application with you, and be sure to collect the information you need.
- Once our application opens by the end of September, then you will be able to click APPLY NOW to start your YYGS application. Be sure to write down your email and password to access the application at a later time.
- Check the “Review” page of the application to see if you are missing any required components, and re-visit any pages that require further information.
- Once your application is complete, click on the “Review” page. Next click on the “Finalize & Pay” button at the bottom of the page.
- Pay the $70 USD Regular Decision Fee. All YYGS application fees are non-refundable.
- If you submitted a completed Fee Waiver Form on the application page, this requirement will automatically be waived. YYGS staff will contact you if your Fee Waiver Request is denied, and your application will not be reviewed until the YYGS application fee is paid.
- Check your inbox for a YYGS confirmation receipt that indicates the successful submission of your application. Confirmation emails usually arrive within 24-48 hours of submission, due to occasional delays payment processing.
Deadline: In order to be considered for one of these scholarships (below), you MUST have completed the entire online YYGS Application, including the Need-Based Financial Aid portion, by January 10, 2022.