The Chinese University of Hong Kong Library is inviting applications for the CLIR Scholarly Communication Postdoctoral Fellowship in 2020.
CUHK Library is growing its support and service for scholarly communication throughout the research cycle. The Library’s Research Support & Digital Initiatives (RSDI) department leads in this area. The Scholarly Communication team supports the dissemination of scholarly outputs, citation management, copyright, open access, and author identity management.
Worth of Award
- Salary will be highly competitive, commensurate with qualifications and experience, and CLIR’s guidelines.
- The University offers a comprehensive fringe benefit package, including medical care.
- The fellowship is not restricted to holders of a Hong Kong Permanent Identity Card, or a(n) travel/identity document showing that one is lawfully employable in Hong Kong.
- However, the successful applicant will need to apply for and obtain permission for staying and holding employment prior to arrival in Hong Kong.
- The University will assist the successful applicant in applying for such permission.
- PhD in any discipline relevant to scholarly communication obtained within the last five years of the beginning of the fellowship in July 2020.
- Ability to communicate and interact with Faculty and researchers; and to foster collaboration in open science.
- Understand the full research cycle and tools in research projects and able to provide consultation and guidance to faculty and researchers to promote emerging scholarly communication service on the campus.
- Excellent communication, presentation, interpersonal and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively with relevant units of the Library and the University.
- A good track record in digital scholarship research or related research projects.
- Experience in research project management.
- Fluent in Chinese (Mandarin and/or Cantonese)
How to Apply
Candidates must apply using the CLIR’s online application system.
Deadline: Application closes on January 10, 2020.