The Royal Melbourne Institute of Technology(RMIT) in Australia is inviting applications for the Design and Creative Practice ECP Platform PhD Scholarship for Co-designing Social and Digital Innovations for Ageing Futures in 2020.
The Design and Creative Practice ECP Platform (ECP) is looking for talented interdisciplinary and collaborative students to undertake a PhD focusing on co-designing social and digital innovation for Ageing Futures.
Worth of Award
The scholarship is worth $30,900 per year for three years with a possible six-month extension.
To be considered for the PhD Scholarship, applicants must hold or be currently completing:
- A Master by research; or
- A Master by coursework with a significant research component graded as high distinction, or equivalent; or
- An Honours degree achieving first-class honors; or
- A 4-year bachelor degree achieving a GPA of 4 or equivalent (80% or above).
How to Apply
- Before applying for the Scholarship, contact the Design & Creative Practice ECP and establish if your research is aligned with RMIT’s research focus and strengths.
- Contact details for the relevant ECP Director are listed below.
- All applicants should email the following to Distinguished Professor Larissa Hjorth, [email protected]:
- A cover letter, this should detail alignment with research areas at RMIT,
- Your Curriculum Vitae, and
- A two-page research proposal.
The research proposal is a key part of the application process where applicants must demonstrate the value of their research and their suitability for scholarship selection. Your proposal should be divided under the following headings:
- Title and topic
- Research questions you plan to investigate in the context of existing research/literature in the area
- Significance and impact of the research
- Methodology/research tasks required to undertake the research.
Deadline: Applications will close when a candidate is selected.