The Center for Global Enterprise is inviting applications for the African Women Entrepreneurship Cooperative(AWEC) Cohort 3 Programme in 2020.
AWEC is a high-touch, fast-paced blended learning model that empowers African women entrepreneurs with the knowledge and network needed to build resilient and scalable businesses.
They use technology and collaborative learning techniques to transform the lives of 200 entrepreneurs each year. The 12-month learning experience, which runs from April to March every year, provides cohort members with online and offline experiences, individual and team-based work, opportunities to give and receive peer feedback, and individualized business mentoring. Lessons and assignments are designed to be practical and applicable both to well-established business owners and aspiring entrepreneurs.
Worth of Award
Upon successful completion of the 12-month Programme, participants will:
- Form connections with a diverse network of African women entrepreneurs
- Establish a relationship with at least one senior business mentor
- Strengthen strategy, leadership and business management skills
- Apply their AWEC learning to their business with an eye toward sustainable growth
- Gain skills needed to grow and scale their enterprise
- Develop a toolkit of soft skills, including self-confidence, resilience, collaboration, and cross-cultural communications
Women who meet the following criteria are encouraged to apply:
- Current or aspiring African women entrepreneurs working in any industry
- Citizens of any African country, currently living on the continent or in the diaspora
- Founders of for-profit or non-profit/NGO ventures
- Comfortable with remote teamwork and collaboration, especially using digital tools
- Proficient in verbal and written English
- Regular (at least weekly) access to the Internet through a computer or tablet
Please note: For those living in the diaspora, your business (or NGO) must clearly impact Africa. AWEC does not have a minimum requirement for the number of years in business or revenue/turnover amounts. They encourage interested entrepreneurs at any stage of their venture to consider applying.
While AWEC seeks to build diverse cohorts, successful applicants tend to share the following traits:
- Resilience as individuals and entrepreneurs
- Passion for building a scalable and sustainable business
- Strong interest in building business, management and leadership skills
- Collaborative spirit
- Desire to build a pan-African network of peers
- Empathetic leaders
- Clear communicators
How to Apply
- Applications for the Programme is online.
- If you would like updates about the current program and upcoming application, they encourage you to follow them on Twitter and Instagram or subscribe to their newsletter.
Deadline: Application closes at 11:59 pm UTC on Tuesday, December 17, 2019.