ONE Global Movement Campaigning is inviting applications for the ONE Africa Award to Fight extreme poverty and preventable disease in Africa 2020.
The ONE Africa Award celebrates African efforts aimed at achieving the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), the world’s blueprint for a better future. SDG targets range from halving extreme poverty to halting the spread of HIV/AIDS and providing universal primary education.
The 2019 ONE Africa Award will recognize Africa-driven and Africa-led advocacy efforts that have demonstrated success at the community, national or regional level. The award recognizes, rewards and advances the exceptional work of organizations founded by Africans and based in Africa, dedicated to advancing development goals in Africa. The US$100,000 award will recognize innovative African initiatives to fight extreme poverty and incentivize more of such efforts.
Worth of Award
The value of the award is $100,000
- Civil society organizations,
- Non-governmental organizations and other groups based in Africa that has demonstrated commitment and success in advocacy to promote the attainment of one or more of the SDGs are invited to apply.
Organizations will be graded in five categories and will be awarded between 1-10 points in each of these categories:
- The extent to which the organization has designed and implemented an innovative advocacy program that employs entrepreneurial and sustainable approaches to impact in a given sector(s).
- Ability to demonstrate and communicate specific indicators of progress and impact linking work to a given sector(s) in a clear results-oriented framework.
- Demonstration of the ability to replicate efforts of the organization to scale interventions.
- Demonstration of strong internal and constituency accountability mechanisms (for example, community leadership consultations and involvement in programs to demonstrate that interventions are relevant to the majority of the poor in the target community and empower them in a sustainable way) along with the transparency of operations.
- The extent to which the organization has employed creative partnerships to achieve its goal(s) and ensure coordination with other development actors. These partnerships may include public and/or private sector players.
How to Apply
- Applications are online.
- Please complete each section of the application and attach the required supplemental documents by the deadline. According to the submission guidelines.
- Please send your completed application to:
Stonewedge Office Park
1 Wedgelink Road
Or via email to [email protected]
Deadline: Application closes 23:59 SAST / 21:59 GMT/UTC Friday, January 31, 2020.