Harbin Institute of Technology in China is inviting applications for the Chinese Government Scholarship Programme for the 2020/2021 academic session.
For international students out of China, only those who want to study a master’s or PhD degree can apply for HIT Independent Recruitment Program. It is one of the programs of Chinese Government Scholarship (hereinafter referred to as CSC scholarship) and assigned from the Ministry of Education (hereinafter referred to as MOE) to the university to recruit outstanding international students. Applicants need to submit the application materials according to school requirements. HIT will select the best applicants and recommend to the China Scholarship Council.
HIT is a founding member of the C9 League and an official alliance initiated by the Chinese government with nine top universities in Mainland China. In the US News ranking for the Best Global Universities for Engineering, HIT ranked No.2 in China and No.6 globally.
Worth of Award
- Exempt from registration fee, tuition fee, and accommodation fee;
- 800 RMB per year for Comprehensive Medical Insurance;
- Monthly stipend is granted to the students at the following rates:
- Master’s degree candidate: 3,000 RMB/month
- Doctoral degree candidate: 3,500 RMB/month
Note: New students who register on or before the 15th will receive a full stipend of that month; those who register after 15th will receive a half stipend of that month.
To be eligible for the Chinese Government Scholarship Programme;
- Applicants must be non-Chinese nationality in good health.
- International students out of China or former graduates of Chinese universities.
- Educational background required and age limit:
- Applicants for master’s degree studies must have a bachelor’s degree and be under the age of 35;
- Applicants for doctoral degree studies must have a master’s degree and be under the age of 40.
- Excellent performance in study.
- Applicants should have good ability in scientific research.
- The scholarship cannot be combined with any other scholarship.
How to Apply
The applicants need to provide the following materials truly and correctly (in duplicate) and pay for the material assessment fee;
- Application Form for Chinese Government Scholarship (in duplicate).
- Highest full-time study diploma (original notarized document in English or Chinese).
- Transcripts (It is not required to be notarized, but must be signed and sealed from school. The transcripts in other languages must be translated in English or Chinese with notarization).
- A study or research plan (no less than 800 words in English or Chinese). The format can be downloaded from the official website: http://studyathit.hit.edu.cn/en/academic/program/view?id=17.
- Two recommendation letters by professors or associate professors in English or Chinese.
- Passport copy (Valid for one year at least).
- Photocopy of Foreigner Physical Examination Form.
Note: If applicants are university students, they should provide an original notarized pre-graduation certificate in English or Chinese. Notarization must be carried out through formal institution, the signature or seal from school or working unit does not have the effect of notarization.
Deadline: Application closes December 25, 2019.