Sciences Po in France invites applications for the Geneviève McMillan-Reba Stewart Foundation Scholarship for Undergraduate students in 2020.
The Geneviève McMillan-Reba Stewart Foundation was established in 2005 to realize the vision of its founder, Geneviève McMillan (1922-2008), and to commemorate the life and work of her friend, the artist Reba Stewart (1930-1971). The scholarship celebrates McMillan’s passion for the African continent.
Since 2010, the McMillan-Stewart Foundation has partnered with the Sciences Po American Foundation to offer merit-based scholarships to give access to France’s higher education system to meritorious African students from sub-Saharan African countries. This will be done specifically through the undergraduate Europe Africa program of Sciences Po.
Worth of Award
- Successful students will receive a scholarship covering the full Sciences Po tuitions fees every year, for the duration of their undergraduate studies programme.
- As Social criteria are also taken into account, an additional grant may be awarded to cover living expenses.
The Geneviève McMillan-Reba Stewart Foundation scholarship is awarded on the basis of academic excellence, social criteria as well as the criteria as listed below:
- Candidates must be a citizen of a sub-Saharan African country
- Candidates must have completed their high school education in a sub-Saharan African country and
- Candidates must be accepted to Sciences Po’s undergraduate Europe-Africa programme
How to Apply
- Candidates must first apply to study at Sciences Po undergraduate Europe Africa program.
- Applications should be completed on Sciences Po’s Admissions website and include all supporting documents requested for the Emile Boutmy scholarship application.
- During the two weeks following the student’s application, all candidates must also apply for the Geneviève McMillan-Reba Stewart FoundationScholarship by sending an application to [email protected] and [email protected]
- This application must include a cover letter outlining motivations to study at Sciences Po’s undergraduate program and to benefit from the Geneviève McMillan-Reba Stewart Foundation Scholarship.
- For all questions, you may contact the Office of Admissions, either through the online contact form, or through e-mail to [email protected]
Deadline: The deadline for the Geneviève McMillan-Reba Stewart Foundation Scholarship is the same as the deadline for Emile Boutmy scholarship applications.