RMIT University invites applications for the International Tuition Fee Scholarships, RTP International Fee Offset Scholarship (RIFOS) and the RMIT Research International Tuition Fee Scholarship (RRITFS) in 2020.
RIFOS scholarships are funded by the Australian Government and RRITFS scholarships are funded by RMIT University. When you apply for a research scholarship through one of the University’s rounds, you will automatically be considered for all the scholarships for which you are eligible.
These scholarships are awarded through the University’s research scholarship rounds. All scholarship applications are ranked in accordance with the ranking model that has been approved by RMIT’s Research Committee.
Worth of Award
- Both RIFOS and RRITFS scholarships provide tuition fees for a period of 3 years, with the possibility of a 6-month extension.
- The cost of Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC) for the duration of your visa is also provided. If you have dependents, both international tuition fee scholarships will provide OSHC that also covers them.
- If you are awarded a tuition fee scholarship, your scholarship will be partnered with a stipend scholarship which will provide you with a living allowance.
Scholarships are awarded on the basis of a competitive selection process that ranks applicants according to their academic achievement, research outputs and relevant professional experience.
Priority is given to applicants who:
- have achieved a high distinction in the final two years of the qualifying program(s). At RMIT a grade of high distinction represents academic achievement of 80% or higher
- maybe considered by RMIT as having an equivalent level of academic attainment, taking into account previous study, relevant work experience, research publications and other research experience
- are able to take receipt of a scholarship for a minimum 12 months duration on a full-time basis (or part-time equivalent) because of prior enrolment in a graduate research program
- have not already completed a graduate research program at the same or higher course level. For example, Masters by Research applicants should not have already completed a Masters by Research or PhD
- an applicant must not previously have held an RMIT or Commonwealth-funded postgraduate research scholarship unless it was terminated within six months of the scholarship’s payments commencing
- are or will be enrolled and primarily based at an RMIT Australian campus
International applicants must meet English language requirements by the application closing date to be considered for a scholarship.
How to Apply
- To apply for a scholarship, please complete the admission and scholarship application form which is available on their How to Apply page.
- Please note, scholarship applications will only be accepted within the official scholarship round dates.
- International applicants must meet English language requirements by the application closing date to be considered for a scholarship.
- If you have not yet applied for a research program and would like to be considered for admission and scholarship, you must submit an Expression of Interest (EOI).
- Please indicate in your EOI that your application type is ‘Admission and Scholarship’.
- If your EOI is successful, you will be invited to submit a full application.
Deadline: Your EOI must be submitted by the following dates:
International applicants: February 3, 2020