The Uppsala University in Sweden is inviting applications for Up to Ten PhD positions in Economics for International Students in 2020.
The PhD Programme at the Department of Economics prepares you both for a career in academia as well as for qualified positions in government ministries and agencies, international organizations and the private sector. Our alumni hold important positions throughout society. The Department’s supervising capacity is particularly strong in labour economics, macroeconomics, political economics and public economics. They offer an intellectually stimulating research environment with several research seminars each week and a large flow of international guests.
The holder of a PhD-student position shall primarily devote her/his time to own research studies. Other departmental work, such as educational or administrative can be part of the position (max 20%)
Worth of Award
The salary is a Fixed payment according to local agreement for PhD students or stipend.
For admission to the PhD Programme,
- The applicant must have completed at least 240 ECTS-credits of coursework (four years of full-time studies), including at least 60 ECTS-credits at the advanced (master) level (one year of full-time studies), or
- have acquired the equivalent knowledge in some other way in Sweden or abroad.
- Special admission requirements: In addition to the general admission requirements, the applicant must have at least 90 ECTS-credits in economics (three semesters), or have acquired the equivalent knowledge in some other way in Sweden or abroad.
- The admission requirements apply at the date of admission, not at the date of application.
- Students expected to fulfill the general and special admission criteria by early August are welcome to apply.
How to Apply
Required documents for the application:
- Personal letter (max. two pages) in which you describe why you want to enrol in the PhD Programme in Economics at Uppsala University and where you state the fields within economics that are of primary interest to you.
- Attested copies of all qualifications, including all completed academic courses and academic degrees.
- Copies of essays that you have authored.
- A CV.
- Contact information for two academic references (address, email address and telephone number).
Deadline: Application closes on February 3, 2020.
Click here for more details and to apply