The 2020 Eni Award is offering the Young Talents from Africa Prize for four young African researchers to attend a PhD in Italy.
The Debut in Research: Young Talents from Africa Prize constitutes one of the six sections of the Eni Award, composed by the Energy Transition, Energy Frontiers, Advanced Environmental Solutions and the Young Researcher of the Year Prizes, together with the Recognition at Innovation Eni.
Eni is one of the most important, vertically integrated energy companies in the world. It operates in the oil, natural gas, electricity production, engineering, construction and petrochemical products sectors. It is constantly working to build a future where everyone can access energy resources efficiently and sustainably. Eni is also involved in several scientific research projects on renewable energies, particularly in the major areas of biofuels and solar energy. Operating in about eighty-five countries in a responsible way towards its stakeholders, Eni invests in people and their empowerment, and it takes part to development through the integration of social, environmental and cultural issues in the growth process, in full respect of rights and diversities. From 2008 Eni has been offering the Eni Award, aimed to promote and award research and technological innovation in the fields of energy and the environment.
The purpose of the Debut in Research: Young Talents from Africa Prize is to help new generations of African researchers to emerge.
Worth of Award
- The winners will attend PhD courses at prestigious Italian Universities and research centres, where their innovative research activities about the scientific topics promoted by Eni Award will be encouraged and supported.
- Eligible candidates are born since 1989 and holding a Master’s degree (the theses must have been defended at an African University during 2018 or 2019).
- You have written a Master degree’s thesis on the following topics: action against water, air and land pollution, prevention of climate warming and pollution, rehabilitation and reuse of industrial sites; renewable energy and energy storage; innovative use of hydrocarbons and of the energy efficiency as a bridge to the decarbonisation of the energy system.
- Applicants must be under thirty (30) years old, or celebrating their 30th birthday in the year of publication of the above-mentioned Official Announcement.
How to Apply
- For submitting your candidature, please send an email to [email protected]
- Applications for the Debut in Research: Young Talents from Africa must be presented and guaranteed by Professors, Directors of Department, Faculty Deans and Chancellors of universities and polytechnic universities, or by researchers of research institutes operating in the specific – or similar – fields for which the Prize is awarded.
- The Candidature application forms are available on the website:
, and must be sent as follows:
- The Candidature Proposal-Thesis, the Candidature Proposal-Research and the CV will have to be uploaded on the Eni Award Candidates private area. The access to the private area must be requested to the Eni Award Scientific Secretariat ([email protected]) that will provide an account for the procedure.
- A copy of the Thesis in electronic form, as well as possible recognitions, certificates, letters of reference, the List of Publications and the related publications, must be sent by e-mail to the following address: [email protected]
- The Candidate will have the possibility to provide a self-made video of no more than 3 minutes describing the main aspects and applications of his/her research proposal. Such presentations will be sent as indicated during the Candidature’s registration process and will be accepted in the following formats: .MOV, .MPEG4, .AVI, .FLV.
- Following the safe receipt of all the application’s documents, a file named Summary of the Candidature Proposal, containing the main data of the candidature and the Completion Code, will be provided to each candidate.
- The aforesaid file must be duly checked and signed by the Candidate as well as by his/her Guarantor and sent to the Eni Award Scientific Secretariat by fax (+39 02 43986856) or email ([email protected]) before and no later than the deadline
Deadline: The deadline for candidature submission is December 15, 2019.