The NHH Norwegian School of Economics is inviting applications for the PhD Research Scholar Positions for International Students for the 2020/2021 academic session.
NHH Norwegian School of Economics is one of the leading business schools in Europe. NHH has an internationally recognized research environment and is the first choice for students who want to study business administration in Norway. NHH has 3,400 students and 400 employees.
The PhD candidates will be included in a highly stimulating and rewarding research environment, working closely with faculty members and other PhD research scholars at the department. The candidates receive feedback on their work through regular interaction with their supervisor and other faculty members during seminars. PhD research scholars are expected to participate actively in faculty and research seminars, as well as in workshops. The place of work will be at NHH in Bergen where the candidates will receive their own office space in their department.
Worth of Award
- The annual salary for the PhD Research Scholar position is set according to the Norwegian State Salary, which currently is NOK 479 000 (equivalent to approximately EUR 47 500 or USD 52 300).
- The salary ensures a fair standard of living in Norway and is subject to Norwegian taxes and benefits, including public health care benefits and pension savings.
- Master of Science (MSc) or comparable degree relevant for your specialization (e.g. MSc in Economics.
- International Students are encouraged to apply
- Females are particularly encouraged to apply.
- The Department of Economics is looking for highly motivated and talented individuals.
How to Apply
You are required to upload electronically the following documentation with your application:
- Certificate of a Master of Science degree or equivalent (please include transcripts of grades)
- Certificate of a Bachelor degree or equivalent (please include transcripts of grades)
- Other relevant certificates or transcripts (e.g. courses completed at the PhD level)
- If the issuing authority of grades and degrees does not use the ECTS grading scale, please include an official description of the applied grading scale system
- Statement of purpose describing your motivation for applying this position (250-300 words)
- Tentative research proposal (2000-4000 words) describing the aims, objectives, research questions, and elaborating on your motivation for pursuing the proposed area of research. Please note that your research project is tentative and often needs adjustments after acceptance into the Programme
- Curriculum vitae
- A list of all publications and/or other documented research activities
- Contact details of two referees
- Please upload the documents in separate files, not combined in one single file.
Deadline: Application closes January 15, 2020