The American University in Cairo in Egypt is inviting Egyptians to apply for the Al Alfi Foundation Sustainable Development Fellowship in 2021.
Al Alfi Foundation Sustainable Development Fellowship is jointly offered by the Al Alfi Foundation and AUC, represented by the center for sustainable development. The program is designed to identify and prepare future leaders who are Egyptian nationals and who have strong knowledge and skills in science, engineering, business, policy, and social sciences. Fellowship applicants must possess professional experience and exceptional skills, as well as an outstanding passion for sustainable development.
The Programme enables qualified Egyptian applicants to the master’s in science in sustainable development to receive a waiver of tuition fees. Three candidates will be accepted into the program on a yearly basis. The long-term objective of the program is to develop a new cadre of entrepreneurial leaders who are capable of filling critical positions in industry, public sector and civil society organizations in Egypt, and who can successfully integrate technical, business and social skills to contribute to comprehensive sustainable development in Egypt and beyond.
Worth of Award
The fellowship covers:
- Tuition fees, for a maximum of nine credits per semester
- Student services and activities fees
- Cost of books
The following are the eligibility criteria;
- Egyptian nationals
- Candidates must have a background in science, engineering, policy, business or social sciences
- For new graduate degree-seeking students; satisfy AUC graduate admissions requirements
- Bachelor degree with a minimum overall grade point average (GPA) of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale, or equivalent
- For continuing students; to retain the fellowship, the recipient must maintain a GPA of 3.2
- Provide a written statement that outlines their research and/or professional experience, as well as their future career goals
- Financial need
How to Apply
- Check the admission deadlines and plan ahead.
- Decide upon the graduate program you wish to pursue and are eligible for:
- Degree-seeking (master, graduate diploma, doctoral)
- Non-degree (regular, exchange, study abroad)
- Make sure to review the requirements listed for each program and take the time to read the instructions and the checklist for your intended program to prepare the required credentials and tests
- Submit the online application. Indicate your full name as written in your national ID card (for Egyptian applicants) or passport (for international applicants)
- Attach your credentials as instructed in the online application. You must include a clear copy of your valid personal ID
- At least two letters of recommendation must be submitted as instructed in the online application.
- Submit the required test results: plan ahead to take and submit any required tests by their due date.
- Once your admission application is successfully submitted you will be contacted by AUC to let you know your AUC student ID number. Be sure to include it in all your correspondences with AUC
Deadline: Application closes April 15, 2021.