The University of Birmingham in the UK invites applications for Wolfson Postgraduate Scholarships in the Humanities in the 2020/21 academic year.
Since 2012, The Wolfson Foundation has committed some £13 million to support doctoral studies in the humanities through nine carefully selected universities (including the University of Birmingham). The Foundation’s aim is not only to support some of the most exciting students but also to make a statement about the value of the humanities. The Foundation believes that high-quality academic research in this field is of critical importance to British society.
The scholarships are awarded in three disciplines that align closely to the Wolfson Foundation’s interests: History, Literature and Languages. Three scholarships are available to start in September 2020.
Worth of Award
- The scholarships are worth £28,750 each year (over three years), and cover fees, provide a maintenance stipend, and provide some research and training costs.
- Fees for 2020-21 are Home/EU: £4,380* full-time or £17,880 full-time for international students.
*For UK/EU postgraduate research students, the University fee level is set at Research Council rates and as such is subject to change. The final fee will be announced by Research Councils UK in spring 2020.
- These awards are open to UK, EU or Overseas students for full- and part-time, campus-based doctoral research in Languages, Literature and History.
- Candidates should have, or be completing, a master’s degree in a relevant subject.
- The scholarships are awarded to outstanding students who demonstrate the potential to make an impact on these fields and to be future academic leaders.
- The award is made solely on merit to students aspiring to an academic career.
How to Apply
- In order to apply, you must have completed an application to study. You will then need to complete their online application form.
- By applying, you will be automatically considered for relevant College of Arts and Law scholarships.
- Only complete applications submitted before the deadline will be considered.
- Please note, other schemes are available that may have alternative application processes.
Deadline: The deadline for applying is Monday, March 2, 2020, at 4 pm.