Reuters offers the third edition of the Reuters Photojournalism Grants program, renamed the Yannis Behrakis Photojournalism Grants, at the Visa pour l’Image international festival of photojournalism, taking place in Perpignan, France in 2020.
The Reuters photography grant program, launched in 2017, has been expanded and renamed for long-time Reuters photojournalist and Pulitzer Prize winner Yannis Behrakis, who died earlier this year.
Last year’s successful grant program saw seven recipients from across four continents selected from hundreds of high-quality entries.
Aspiring photojournalists attending Visa pour l’Image international festival of photojournalism will be able to learn more about Reuters photojournalism and further details on the grant program by visiting the Reuters stand, located on the second floor of the Palais des Congrès.
Worth of Award
- For the inaugural Yannis Behrakis Photojournalism Grants program, Reuters Pictures reuters.com/pictures is offering ten grants of $8,000 USD for photojournalists and students to produce a photo project and develop their visual storytelling skills.
- Successful stories will be distributed on Reuters platforms and Reuters Pictures editors will mentor recipients throughout their projects.
- Grantees will also receive Reuters instruction, including reporting and hostile environment training.
- Applicants must be between the ages of 18-35
- They must submit a 30-40 picture portfolio, a detailed story proposal and a CV.
- The project can be a work-in-progress or a new idea.
- A project focused on a subject in a community or location within close proximity, that can be completed in a few weeks or months, is advisable
How to Apply
Email your CV, cover letter with story portfolio via a Dropbox link to [email protected]
Deadline: Applications close on December 31, 2019.