The University of Glasgow in the UK is inviting applications for the International Master in Global Markets and Local Creativities Scholarship in 2022.
GLOCAL Erasmus Mundus scholarships can be offered to students from any region of the world; however, no more than three with the same nationality will be awarded in the same intake under the same category. The scholarship’s terms depend on the student’s nationality and residence.
Worth of Award
The GLOCAL Erasmus Mundus scholarship includes:
- A contribution to the student participation costs (tuition fees, full insurance coverage, and any other mandatory participation costs)
- A contribution to student travel and installation costs
- A monthly subsistence allowance for the entire duration of the Study Programme
- Contribution to the participation costs
- Contribution to the travel and installation costs
- Contribution to subsistence costs
To be considered eligible;
- It is essential to meet the GPA requirements above in order to be accepted on the Programme.
- They accept applications from a variety of backgrounds within the social sciences, business majors, humanities and languages; however, a strong background in history, economics, political science, development studies, or business is preferred.
- Other majors will be considered if the applicant also has courses, experience or some background in these fields.
- Those applying for Pathway B: Global Markets & Development (Glasgow, Barcelona, Göttingen) or Pathway F: Global Political Economy (Glasgow, Uppsala, Göttingen) are required to have an academic background in the Social Sciences.
- If you feel unsure whether your degree is suitable, you can email the Programme convener to discuss: [email protected]
- International students with academic qualifications below those required should contact our partner institution, Glasgow International College, which offers a range of pre-Masters courses.
How to Apply
You can apply as:
- an Erasmus Mundus Scholarship-funded student
- a self-funded student
The following documents are required;
- Degree certificate (and an official translation into English)
- Official academic transcript(s) (and an official translation into English), showing full details of subjects studied and grades/marks obtained
- Two supporting reference letters on headed paper. They will not accept references sent from personal email addresses or via a third party.
- English language proficiency
- A copy of the photo page of your passport
- Scholarship application form (which includes a personal statement) OR
- Separate personal statement (for self-funding applicants only)
- (please, upload all required documents on the UoG online application system):
Deadline: Application closes Friday, January 7, 2022.