Prof R.P.Anand International Law Scholarships are awarded to law students with an aim of Fostering awareness of International Law, Promoting the teaching and research of International Law, actively encouraging initiatives, discussions and writings by students of International Law, advancing the study of third world approaches to International Law and promoting international law as an instrument for universal peace and world order.
Worth of award
- Each scholarship will include an award amount of Rs 15000 per quarter for 1 year paid quarterly (Total Rs 60000).
- Overseas awardee may be awarded equivalant amount in USD ($1200/year).
- Decision of the R.P.Anand Memorial Committee will be final and binding.
- Applicant must be an active and enrolled post graduate student (LLM or MPhil and/or Phd) in a UGC recognized university of India or accredited university anywhere in the world and actively pursuing one of these degrees in International Law.
- Applicant must provide copies of verified transcripts of undergraduate degree (BA and/or LLB) and ongoing verifiable post graduate work (LLM, MPhil or Phd/JSD).
- Applicant will be additionally required to provide written recommendations from at least 2 sitting faculty members in the department of International Law of their enrolled University. (Will be verified by committee).
How to Apply
- Applicant must start by filling out the online form on the website (R.P Anand Virtual Center of International Law) and then follow it up with all the required documents.
- Required documents are below. Also submit a color scanned version of the original documents to [email protected]
- Do NOT send anything by physical mail – electronic only.
- Copy of Govt issued id (Pan Card, Drivers License etc.)
- Copy of University ID currently enrolled in for post-graduate work.
- 2 letters from active faculty members verifying your application, current academic status etc. Letters must have contact information to cross check by Committee.
- Transcripts of undergraduate degree (BA, LLB etc.)
- Transcripts of graduate school if any.
- Application review process will start on July 1, 2013 (form available online) and final decision of the scholarship award will be announced on December 30th, 2013.
- (Earlier application submission may possibly be a criteria for selection provided other qualification factors of selection are equal or closely tied between candidates).
- Award amount will be released each quarter (3 months) starting January 15th, 2014 directly to the student on verification of active enrollment and ongoing pursuit of International Law Degree.
- Awarded recipient name and photograph will be announced and permanently displayed on the Prof R.P. Anand website (www.profrpanand.info).
- Scholarship will be awarded for 1 year and a recipient once awarded cannot apply for the scholarship for any subsequent years. Previous year applicants are welcome to re-apply.
- Selection criteria include academic achievement, application content, faculty recommendations and financial needs of the applicants but not limited to these
Deadline: All required document must be submitted by November 30, 2013.
Click here for details.