The University of Leeds invites applications for the Allan and Nesta Ferguson Charitable Trust scholarships for Masters Students in 2020.
The scholarships are funded jointly between the Allan & Nesta Ferguson Charitable Trust and the University of Leeds. The Allan & Nesta Ferguson Charitable Trust was set up in memory of two generations of the Ferguson family to promote their particular interests in education, international friendship and understanding, and the promotion of world peace and development.
This scholarship is available for applicants applying for programmes of study related to economic, social or technological development (with the exception of the Leeds MBA) in the following schools:
Earth and Environment; Electronic and Electrical Engineering; Biological Sciences; Geography; History; Law; Languages, Cultures and Societies; Medicine; Media and Communication; Performance and Cultural Industries; Physics and Astronomy; Politics and International Studies; Philosophy, Religion and History of Science; Transport Studies and the Leeds University Business School.
Worth of Award
- Fees, maintenance of £13,320 (in session 2020/21), return economy travel and other allowances
- Be citizens of, and permanently resident in, one of the developing countries according to the International Development Association list of Borrowing Countries
- Not have undertaken studies lasting one year or more in a developed country
- Be unable themselves, or through their families, to pay to study in the UK
- Agree that they will return to their home country as soon as their period of study is complete
- Awards must be taken up in September 2020
How to Apply
- Applicants MUST first apply for a relevant taught programme of study and are in receipt of a Student Application Number to be eligible to apply for this scholarship. Applications without a valid Student Application Number will be rejected.
- These awards are only available to applicants who are liable to pay academic fees at the International fee rate;
- Applicants must hold, or expect to hold by September 2020, a First Degree at undergraduate level equivalent to at least a UK Upper Second Class Honours degree. Applicants should either have graduated with the appropriate First Degree or be in their final year of study;
- Applicants whose first language is not English must meet the University’s English Language requirements by 3 February 2020. Some Schools require a standard of English higher than the University minimum. You should have a valid test result, which is no more than two years old by your official start date at the University of Leeds.
- Once you are in receipt of your Student Application ID complete the online application form.
- Please note that, due to the large volume of applications, the Postgraduate Scholarships Office will not enter into any correspondence regarding the progress of an application until the outcome is known.
Deadline: The deadline for applying is up to and including February 3, 2020.