International Training Centre of the Faculty of Bioscience Engineering in Belgium is inviting applications for the International Master of Science in Soils & Global Change Programme in 2020.
This 2-year Programme contains 120 ECTS credit units and leads to the joint diploma of the International Master of Science in Soils & Global Change. The IMSOGLO master Programme is coordinated by the International Training Centre of the Faculty of Bioscience Engineering at Ghent University. This Programme has two specialization options of 90 ECTS, to be chosen in advance (at application time) and to start after the 1st semester (30 ECTS).
- Specialization “Soil biogeochemistry and global change” is organized by Ghent University, the University of Natural Resources and Life Sciences Vienna and the University of Göttingen and leads to a joint MSc-diploma issued by these 3 universities.
- Specialization “Physical land resources and global change” is organized by Ghent University and Aarhus University and leads to a joint MSc-diploma issued by these 2 universities.
Worth of Award
The award covers the following:
- Participation costs cover institutional tuition fees, insurance, and participation in all teaching activities of the Programme, including lab courses, excursions, and the MSc research project.
- For Programme Country Students (EU + former Yugoslav; Republic of Northern Macedonia; Iceland; Liechtenstein; Norway; Turkey) the participation costs are 4500 €/year.
- For other nationalities (Partner Countries) the cost is set at 9000 €/year.
- The IMSOGLO master Programme offers EMJMD scholarships:
- ERASMUS scholarships (EMJMD scholarship) full scholarship up to 49000 EUR for all nationalities.
- Academic Bachelor degree (minimum 180 ECTS credits) in pure or applied sciences (e.g., chemistry, biology, geology, civil or agricultural engineering, environmental or agricultural sciences, etc.) or an equivalent level from a recognized university or Engineering College.
- Sufficient academic knowledge (at least 40 ECTS in total) in Natural Sciences is required, where Natural Sciences are specified as physics, chemistry, maths, ecology, biology, geography, environmental sciences, and agricultural sciences.
Official language test (English language test with minimum requirements below)
- TOEFL IBT 90
- ACADEMIC IELTS 6,5 overall score with a min. of 6 for writing
- ESOL CAMBRIDGE English CAE (Advanced)
Note: “Language of instruction” is not accepted as a proof of English language proficiency, except for applicants who have obtained a Bachelor and/or Master degree in a higher education institute of a country with English as the official language and with English as the only mode of instruction
How to Apply
- Complete the online application
- Await your result from [email protected]
- Make sure you are able to send us your legalized documents (legalize your documents on beforehand!)
- You will need a pdf of your: passport, CV, Diploma (or certificate of enrolment), Transcript of records, Motivation letter & 2 reference letters.
- Students that are graduating in the summer of 2019 are also able to apply with a certificate of graduation/certificate of enrollment.
Deadline: Application closes February 29, 2020 0:00 GMT+1