The International Research & Exchanges Board(IREX) is inviting applications for the Tunisia Community College Scholarship Programme in Tunisia 2020.
As Tunisia continues to stabilize following its democratic revolution, many youths are frustrated with the slow pace of social change and lack of economic opportunities. At the same time, the government is struggling to stem the flood of citizens leaving to fight for militant causes, while communities grapple with the challenge of reintegrating returning combatants.
They believe educated, informed citizens contribute to broad-based prosperity and lively civic engagement while holding those in power accountable. They work with partners around the world to increase people’s ability to engage with vibrant information, strengthen independent media, and broaden access to quality education.
Worth of Award
TCCSP provides funding for the following:
- J-1 visa support; roundtrip travel from the participant’s home city to their host institution in the United States;
- Tuition and mandatory college fees;
- a health benefits plan;
- a monthly allowance for living expenses;
- and a limited allowance for textbooks.
Competition for the Tunisia Community College Scholarship Programme is merit-based and open to anyone who:
- Is a citizen of Tunisia;
- Is currently residing in Tunisia;
- Is currently enrolled as a first- or second-year full-time undergraduate (Licence) student in good academic standing at the time of application at an ISET (Institut Supérieur des Etudes Technologiques), IHET (Institut Supérieur des Etudes Touristiques), or ISSAT (Institut Supérieur des Sciences Appliquées et de Technologie);
- Has a demonstrated record of academic excellence;
- Is able to receive and maintain a US J-1 visa;
- Is committed to returning to Tunisia after completion of the program;
- Is able to achieve a TOEFL score of 500 (PBT); and
- It is at least 18 years old by July 1, 2020.
- Eligible fields of study for the 2020-2021 academic year are:
• Applied Engineering,
• Business Administration and Management,
• Information Technology, and
• Tourism & Hospitality Management
How to Apply
- The application must be completed online.
- Applicants must fill out all required sections of the application and provide contact information for two references.
- Reference 1 and Reference 2 must be completed by two different individuals who can speak to your suitability as a potential scholarship recipient.
- Complete copies of all application materials must be received together in one package as per the application instructions by the deadline
- Only complete applications, which include a completed application form with two complete reference forms, will be forwarded to the selection committee.
Deadline: Application closes Monday, November 18, 2019, at 5 p.m. Tunisia time.