National Geographic invites applications from experienced individuals all over the world for the Early Career Grants in 2020.
Early Career Grants are designed to offer less experienced individuals an opportunity to lead a project. If you have previously received an Early Career Grant or a Young Explorers Grant from National Geographic, you may submit a new proposal after you have closed your previous grant record.
Worth of Award
- Grant projects last one calendar year or less.
- If you apply for more than one year of funding, your proposal will be sent back to you to revise and resubmit for the next deadline.
- Projects are typically funded for US $5,000 and cannot exceed US $10,000.
- There is no maximum age limit for Early Career Grant applicants.
- However, applicants must be at least 18 years old at the time of application submission.
- Applicants are not required to have an advanced degree.
- Anyone with more than five years of professional experience in the field of their project focus does not qualify for an Early Career Grant and should apply for an Exploration Grant instead.
- Early Career Grant applicants must also submit a two-minute video that will be used to help evaluate the proposal.
- You may speak in your primary language, but if that is not English, you MUST add English subtitles or attach an English video transcript.
How to Apply
- All applications must be submitted through their online application system.
- They do not accept mailed or emailed applications.
- All application materials must be submitted in English.
Deadline: Applications accepted through April 22, 2020. Decisions in August 2020.