The U.S. Department of State invites applications for the World Learning Global Undergraduate Exchange Programme in the USA for the 2022/23 academic session.
The Global Undergraduate Exchange Program (Global UGRAD) brings future leaders to the United States to experience U.S. higher education, gain critical professional skills, and explore new cultures and values.
Worth of Award
The goal of this program is to
- promote mutual understanding between people of the United States and other countries.
- provide a fulfilling exchange experience to drive academic, cross-cultural, and leadership competencies for students from Global UGRAD countries.
- enhance students’ academic knowledge and professional skills needed to pursue long-term academic and career goals.
- cultivate students’ comprehensive and nuanced understanding of the U.S.
- facilitate opportunities for students to establish social networks with U.S. host institutions and local communities.
- empower students to engage constructively in the civic life of their local and global communities.
The Global UGRAD Program is open to anyone who is/has:
- over 18 years of age;
- a citizen of a Global UGRAD participating country, currently residing in that country;
- enrolled as a full-time undergraduate student in good standing at any accredited university, public or private, and has at least one semester remaining at their home university at the conclusion of the Global UGRAD program;
- completed secondary education in their home country;
- a solid command of written and spoken English (English Language training for some finalists is possible);
- able to begin studies in the U.S. in August 2023 or January 2024 (selected applicants may not choose their semester of participation;
- eligible to receive and maintain the U.S. student exchange visa (J-1) required for the program;
- cleared by a physician to participate in the program;
- committed to returning to their home country after the completion of the program.
Individuals in the following circumstances are not eligible for the Global UGRAD Program:
- U.S. citizens and permanent residents of the U.S.;
- Individuals currently studying, residing, or working outside of their home country;
- Local employees of the U.S. missions abroad who work for the U.S. Department of State and/or the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID); employees are also ineligible for one year following the termination of employment;
- Immediate family members (i.e. spouses and children) of U.S. Department of State and USAID employees; family members are also ineligible for one year following the termination of employment;
- Current World Learning employees and their immediate family members
How to Apply
All applications can be made online via the official website.
Deadline: Applications for the World Learning Global Undergraduate Exchange Programme close December 15, 2022 at 11:59 PM Eastern Time.