The University of Copenhagen in Denmark offers Four PhD-Students Position for Plant Immunity Studies for the 2020/2021 academic session.
They are searching for enthusiastic and dedicated persons to undertake studies of cellular mechanisms in plants attacked by the barley powdery mildew fungus. We have many years of experience in research on plant immunity and powdery mildew susceptibility processes. They have in particular focus on membrane trafficking and other membrane-associated processes connected to immunity and fungal exploitation of the plant cell, and we study how these processes are influenced by fungal effectors.
Worth of Award
- The starting salary is currently at a minimum DKK 328.355 (approx. €43,750) including annual supplement (+ pension at a minimum DKK 53,360).
- Negotiation for a salary supplement is possible.
- The position is covered by the Memorandum on Job Structure for Academic Staff.
- Terms of appointment and payment accord to the agreement between the Ministry of Finance and The Danish Confederation of Professional Associations on Academics in the State.
The applicant should hold professional as well as personal skills and qualifications as stated below:
- Applicants should have a Master-degree in biology-biotechnology, molecular biology or related area
- Practical experience in plant genetics, yeast genetics, molecular and/or cell biology
- Good interpersonal skills
- Be excellent in English, writing, and speech
Candidates fulfilling one or more of the following qualifications will be prioritized:
- Practical experience in molecular plant-microbe interactions
- Practical experience in plant and yeast genetics
- Practical experience in cell membrane biology
Key criteria for the assessment of candidates
- Professional qualifications relevant to the position
- Publications (if any)
- Relevant work experience
- Other professional activities
- Language skills
How to Apply
- Visit the website and fill in the online application form.
- The application, in English, must be submitted electronically by clicking APPLY NOW below.
Deadline: Application closes December 1, 2019, 23:59 GMT+1.