Central European University’s (CEU) invites applications for the Advanced Certificate in Religious Studies Masters Scholarship in 2020.
This is a two-year Master of Public Administration (MPA) for studies on religion-related themes. Students successfully completing the Advanced Certificate in Religious Studies is recognized by the New York State Education Department (NYSED).
Worth of Award
- The Advanced Certificate in Religious Studies Master’s Scholarship covers the full cost of tuition, health insurance and a monthly stipend.
- Housing in the CEU Residence Center is limited, hence scholarship recipients are not automatically granted housing.
- Successful scholarship recipients will demonstrate a strong interest in using religion-related themes and subjects during their studies.
- Those who wish to register for the specialization should have a demonstrable or a serious new interest in the study of religious phenomena, reflected in the research they intend to pursue their thesis or Applied Policy Project and in their application material.
- Scholarship recipients are required to complete two mandatory courses (4 credits) and obtain eight further elective credits over the course of the two years (from the approved annual list of courses) and pursue a religion-related Applied Policy Project and/or write a religion-related thesis.
- Either the student’s first or the second supervisor ought to be a faculty member from the advanced certificate program. Participation in lectures, special seminars, and workshops organized by the Center for Religious Studies is mandatory. Attendance and participation will be considered part of a student’s overall performance.
How to Apply
- In order to be considered for these scholarships, applicants must clearly highlight their interest in Religious Studies in their online MPA application form, indicating their interest in registering for the Advanced Certificate in Religious Studies and being considered for this Master’s Scholarship.
- It would be advisable to include any relevant background knowledge or experience on their CV.
Deadline: The application deadline is in early February.