The University of Copenhagen in Denmark is inviting applications for the PhD position in Statistics, Mathematical Biology, and the mathematics of Insurance and Economics in 2020.
A number of attractive PhD stipends in statistics, mathematical biology, and the mathematics of insurance and economics are available at the Department of Mathematical Sciences, Faculty of Science, University of Copenhagen. The department has about 50 permanent scientific staff members; around 45 PhD students and 25 postdocs. It has strong research groups in many areas of mathematics, and active PhD, postdoc, and visitor’s Programmes.
The position is available for a 3-year period and your key tasks as a PhD student at SCIENCE are:
- To manage and carry through your research project
- Attend PhD courses
- Write scientific articles and your PhD thesis
- Teach and disseminate your research
- To stay at an external research institution for a few months, preferably abroad
- Work for the department
Worth of Award
The award is as follows;
- The PhD position include full tuition and a salary of approximately 3,350 EUR per month before taxes (DKK 300,174 per year) plus pension contributions of 17% of the salary (DKK 41,013 per year).
- Salary, pension, and terms of employment are in accordance with the agreement between the Ministry of Finance and The Academics Central organization.
To be considered eligible;
- Candidates are expected to have obtained a Master´s degree, or equivalence thereof, before starting.
- The stipends run for 3 years, which is the duration of the PhD Programme. You can find more information about the PhD Programme on the homepage
- The main criterion for selection will be the research potential of the applicant and the mentioned skills required. The successful candidate will then be requested to formally apply for enrolment as a PhD student at the PhD school of Science.
How to Apply
To apply for the PhD Position in statistics need to:
- Fill out and submit the online application form and upload the required files. Please read the instructions and the miniguide carefully before applying.
- Make an arrangement with 2-3 people who will write letters of recommendation for you if they are requested to do so.
- The names and email addresses of these people should be written in a file and uploaded in the field References of the application form.
- The application, in English, must be submitted electronically by clicking APPLY NOW on the website.
- Cover Letter, describing the topic of the PhD project you are interested in and detailing your motivation and background for applying for the specific PhD project.
- Diploma and transcripts of records (BSc and MSc)
- Acceptance Letter for the relevant MSc Programme at SCIENCE, if any
- Other information for consideration, e.g. list of publications (if any),
- Full contact details (Name, address, telephone & email) of 1-3 professional referees
Deadline: Application closes November 15, 2019, 23:59 GMT +1.