The U.S Embassy and Consulate in Nigeria are inviting applications for the Ambassadors Fund for Cultural Preservation (Small Grants) in 2020.
The U.S. Mission to Nigeria of the U.S. Department of State is pleased to issue a notice of funding opportunity for the 2020 Small Grants Competition of the U.S. Ambassadors Fund for Cultural Preservation (AFCP).
The AFCP supports the preservation of cultural sites, cultural objects, and forms of traditional cultural expression in more than 100 countries around the world, including Nigeria. The funding advances U.S. foreign policy goals and shows American respect for cultural heritage. AFCP-supported projects include the restoration of ancient and historic buildings, assessment and conservation of rare manuscripts and museum collections, preservation and protection of important archaeological sites, and the documentation of vanishing traditional craft techniques and indigenous languages.
Worth of Award
The worths are as follows;
- The floor of Individual Award Amounts: $10,000
- The ceiling of Individual Award Amounts: $200,000
- The Department of State supports projects to preserve cultural heritage
- The AFCP will recommend for funding those proposals that include project activities in adherence to the following guidelines and to international standards for the preservation of cultural heritage.
Eligible project applicants include reputable and accountable non-commercial entities, such as non-governmental organizations, museums, ministries of culture, or similar institutions and organizations that are able to demonstrate that they have the requisite experience and capacity to manage projects to preserve cultural heritage.
How to Apply
- All applicants must register for a DUNS number which is a unique nine-digit identification number.
- DUNS Number assignment is free for organizations required to register with the federal government for grants.
- Registration in the System for Award Management (SAM) is also required.
In addition to the project description, applicants must also submit:
- Application for Federal Assistance (SF-424) which is available here.
- Budget Information for Non-Construction Programs (SF-424A) also available here:
- DUNS Number: Any entity that receives PAS financing must register for a DUNS number which is a unique nine-digit identification number. DUNS Number assignment is free for organizations required to register with the federal government for grants. Begin the process here
- SAMs registration.
Deadline: Applications closes December 1, 2019, 11:59p.m. U.S. Eastern Standard Time (EST).