Innovate for life is inviting applications for the Innovate for Life Programme for African Entrepreneurs and passionate health innovators in Africa 2020.
They offer African entrepreneurs their 60 years of experience in the African health sector and they open up their strong network to co-develop innovative home-grown solutions for better health in Africa!’
Innovate for Life’s entrepreneurs will be immersed in the world of Amref – benefitting from its sixty-plus years of excellence in community health care, their organizational scale across Africa, the international network of Amref offices and deep network of corporate, institutional and governmental partners. At the same time, the communities, facilities, and partners they work with will benefit from cutting edge ideas with an accelerated route to implementation and scale.
Worth of Award
The Programme will be composed of three key phases:
- Phase 1: Scouting– Over 3 months, I4L will understand Amref country office programmatic needs, source global innovators based on these needs, and select and match innovators to country office programs
- Phase 2: Core Programming – Over 5 months, I4L will hold an orientation, lead business and leadership coaching, and co-create partnerships between health innovators and Amref country offices. These activities will lead to the development of a partnership proposal that can be signed during the completion of this phase
- Phase 3: Follow Up – Ongoing after completion of the core program, I4L will monitor the progress of I4L innovators and the developed shared value solutions from the core program and continue to provide support through pilot implementation and/or alumni programming
- The Programme will leverage a combination of in-person and remote work, online courses and workshops, and independent learning and co-creation.
They are looking for passionate health innovators who have;
- An innovative solution in Ethiopia in any of the following areas: 1)NCDs, 2)CDs and 3)WASH;
- An innovative solution in Kenya in any of the following areas: 1)HIV/TB/Malaria/NCDs, 2)RMNCAH and 3) WASH & NTDs. Special interest to innovations targeting behavioural change and data collation in the aforementioned thematic areas;
- A proof-of-concept innovation with demonstrated business viability;
- Proof of testing the innovation in the Kenyan or Ethiopian market; for example, a feasibility assessment, registration, and/or launch of the innovation in this geography;
- Interest in scaling their innovation through a partnership with one or many Amref Programme(s).
How to Apply
Application for the Innovate for Life Programme is online. Visit the website and apply
Deadline: Application closes November 30, 2019.