Sustainable Seas Trust in collaboration with the Raggy Charters is inviting applications from all over the world for the Sustainable Seas Trust Ocean Life Contest in South Africa 2020.
Our oceans are our lifeblood. Covering more than 70 per cent of our planet, they produce oxygen, regulate the earth’s climate, provide food and provide a livelihood for millions. However, they are also home to most of the life on earth, from microscopic algae to the blue whale. White spray, rolling waves, a cool embrace, the oceans are our global treasure.
This September, they are celebrating the beauty and wonder of our oceans through a photo contest. The theme for the photo contest is Celebrating our Oceans and Ocean Life. Contestants can upload photos of the ocean, including underwater photos, ocean life, and animals, etc.
Worth of Award
The Prizes are as follows:
- The first-place winner will receive an additional cash prize of R10 000
- The top three winners will receive a gift prize for a Raggy Charters Sea Cruise
- The top 12 photos will be featured in our Sustainable Seas Trust 2020 calendar
- All top 12 winners will receive a free Sustainable Seas Trust 2020 calendar
Everyone is welcome to enter, whether you are an ocean lover, photographer, or passionate environmentalist. There is no fee to take part in this contest.
How to Apply
- Each contestant may only submit one photo
- Photo’s need to be landscape/ horizontal
- Photos must not be less than 5mb, or bigger than 20mb
- Photo’s need to have a resolution of approximately 300 dpi
- The photo will remain the property of the photographer.
- By submitting a photo, you are giving The Sustainable Seas Trust permission to use and share the photo for publicity purposes, whether in print or digital. The photographer’s name and surname will be included in the photo credit.
- Also, by submitting a photo, you are giving The Sustainable Seas Trust permission to have your photo featured in the 2020 calendar.
- Contestants have to submit original work, and not someone else’s, or work downloaded from the internet.
- Photos should not have the photographer’s name on it. The photographer will be credited in the calendar.
- Lastly, the Raggy Charters Gift Prize is based in Port Elizabeth and is valid for 6 months.
Deadline: Application closes November 1, 2019.