Made possible by a generous gift from the Lee Foundation, the Lee Kong Chian Scholars’ Programme is one of our most prestigious scholarships offering high-calibre individuals the exciting opportunities to holistic, intellectual and entrepreneurial development.
Their dedicated Centre for Scholars’ Development (CSD) implements and oversees development Programmes for its LKCSP scholars and is committed to guide and to develop the intellectual and holistic growth of their scholars.
Worth of Award
The Scholars Programme covers;
Tuition fee waiver (after MOE tuition grant subsidy)
S$16,000 Global Opportunities grant to fund part or combination of the following:
Overseas Student Exchange/ Summer Programme
Overseas Study Trip organized by the Centre for Scholars’ Development
Overseas Community Service Project
- Overseas Case Competitions and presentations at conferences
S$5,000 annual living allowance
S$1,800 one-time computer allowance upon enrolment
- Participation in development opportunities offered by the Centre for Scholars’ Development
- Scholarship is bond-free
The following are the eligibility criteria;
- Full-time SMU first-year undergraduate student of any nationality
- The option of enrolling in a single degree or double degree Programme. Scholars in the double degree Programme must take Business as one of the two degrees.
- Scholars enrolled in the single degree Programme must take a second major: scholars enrolled in the Business Programme must take a second major offered by the SMU School of Accountancy/School of Economics/School of Information Systems/School of Law/School of Social Sciences, while scholars enrolled in Accountancy/Economics/Information Systems/Computer Science/Computing & Law/Social Sciences/Law degree Programmes must take a second major offered by the SMU Lee Kong Chian School of Business.
- Demonstrates leadership and communications skills
- Substantial record of co-curricular activity and/or community service involvement
How to Apply
To apply for the Scholars Programme;
- If you would like to be considered for this scholarship, please indicate your interest in the Scholarship section of the online application form for admission.
- There is no separate scholarship application form.
- Applicants are required to submit a scholarship personal essay (to be completed and submitted online when applying for admission). Recommendation letters by their tutor or principal are optional but applicants are strongly encouraged to obtain such recommendations to support their scholarship application. Details on how to nominate your referee can be found in the online application for admission (under the Scholarship section).
- Applicants will be shortlisted based on their academic qualifications and the strength of their non-academic records.
- Shortlisted applicants will be invited to SMU for a panel interview.
Deadline: Application closes March 19, 2021.