Keystone Symposia in the USA is inviting applications for the Scholarship for Students and Postdoctoral Fellows for the purpose of acquiring the professional skills scholarships in 2020.
Abstracts submitted for poster presentation will be used as the basis for awarding the scholarships. Scholarship recipients will be selected based on the quality of science of the abstract and the relevance of the abstract to the conference topic. Only one application per abstract is accepted. Only one award per lab will be allocated.
Keystone Symposia will serve as a catalyst for the advancement of biomedical and life sciences by connecting scientists within and across disciplines at conferences and workshops held at venues that create an environment conducive to information exchange, generation of new ideas and acceleration of applications that benefit society.
Worth of Award
- Keystone Symposia is offering scholarships of up to 1,200USD to Students and Postdoctoral fellows.
- These scholarships are to be used to help defray the expenses associated with conference attendance, including airfare (restrictions may apply based on funding source), ground transportation, lodging costs, and a portion of meeting registration. Receipts will be required to receive reimbursement.
To be eligible for a professional skills scholarships, you must be:
- A graduate student or postdoctoral fellow currently enrolled in an academic institute at the start of the meeting for which you are applying.
- Note: a graduate student is defined as a student who is studying for a higher degree at an academic institution.
- A postdoctoral fellow is defined as an individual with a Ph.D., M.D., or DVM degree who is engaged in a temporary period of mentored research and/or scholarly training for the purpose of acquiring the professional skills needed to pursue their desired career path and is within 6 years of these degrees.
- An applicant is eligible to receive one award per meeting year (July 1st – June 30th).
How to Apply
After logging into your account, please follow the steps on the bottom of this page:
- Select your meeting (Step 1 below)
- Verify your contact information (Step 2 below)
- Submit an abstract for the meeting to which you are applying (with paid abstract fee) (Step 3 below)
- Have your mentor submit a letter via our website to verify your status as a student or postdoc (Step 4 below)
- If you are eligible and wish to be considered for a scholarship, you should complete all of the following by the scholarship deadline for the meeting you wish to attend.
- It is recommended you begin these steps in advance of the deadline date to ensure completion.
Deadline: The deadlines for professional skills scholarships applications are posted on the website, and select the meeting that you are interested in. All the deadlines including the scholarship deadline are listed there.