Japan Students Services Organization is inviting applications for the JASSO Follow-up Research Fellowship for International Students in 2021.
The Japan Student Services Organization provides the Follow-up Research Fellowship for former international students in Japan to researchers who have previously come to study in Japan from a developing country, region, etc. These fellowships are available to conduct short-term research of 60-90 consecutive days.
International students who have returned to their countries after having studied in Japan and who are currently active in education, academic research or public administration, are invited to a Japanese university to conduct joint research with relevant academics.
JASSO was founded on April 1, 2004, by rearranging and integrating the scholarship loan programs provided by the Japan Scholarship Foundation; the support programs for international students provided by the Association of International Education, Japan; the Center for Domestic and Foreign Students; the International Students Institute; the Kansai International Students Institute; and the scholarship programs for international students and the student support programs provided by the government.
Worth of Award
The award covers;
- Round-trip Airfare
- Daily allowance (¥11,000/day) for the recipient
- Remuneration for cooperation (up to ¥50,000) for the research advisor
To be considered eligible, applicants must be;
- Under 45 years old.
- At least one year after returning from Japan
How to Apply
To apply for the JASSO Follow-up Research;
- Submit both 5 printed copies of application forms (1 copy of Form1 original) and the digital file data.
- Please let you confirm “For University Use: Cautions When Submitting Files” by all means when you make it.
- When sending the digital file data, please make sure to set the password listed in “For University Use: Cautions When Submitting Files.”
- Applications must be received by the deadline. The deadline is just for JASSO. The deadline at your host university might be different. Please confirm the deadline for your host university.
Deadline: Application closes Friday, November 30th, 2020.