The canon Collins postgraduate scholarship in South Africa is awarded to Southern Africans to create opportunities for people in Southern Africa to develop their full potential through education and the assertion of human rights. The scholarship is awarded for both full and part-time study and will consider applications from those who wish to study by distance learning.
Worth of Award: Scholarships of up to R50, 000 per academic year for scholars at Masters and PhD level.
To apply for a scholarship under this programme, applicants must be:
- A national of, or have refugee status, in one of the following countries: Angola, Botswana, Lesotho, Malawi, Mozambique, Namibia, South Africa, Swaziland, Zambia, Zimbabwe
- Normally resident in one of the above countries
- In possession of a good first degree (minimum second class, upper division or equivalent) or about to graduate in the year of application
- Studying or applying to study at a South African university
How to apply
- The application process opened on June 17
- Applicants must apply to their chosen universities separately and awards are conditional on the applicant being offered a place at the relevant university.
- When the application process is closed the application system will not be accessible through our website.
- Please do not submit applications using old forms–these will not be processed.
Deadline: application closes on August 14, 2013.